Questions & Answers
- QuestionUSB 3.0........is is backwards compatible with an old USB technology prior to 3.0? (2 Answers)
- QuestionPlaystation 4 is about to release new firmware to accept externals, would this work? Has anyone tried it with the beta firmware? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI need to get my recordings off a Dish Hopper w/sling. Will this work? It needs to be between 50 GB to 2 TB, have it's own power supply, be a single disk drive (flash memory not compatible). (2 Answers)Answers
It is a single hard drive, but it pulls power over the USB. Not sure if the device you are connecting to will supply enough power. If you have a very low power USB jack, I suppose this may not function. You can get external enclosures that have external power supplies, but that makes them less portable so they are less common as an all in one portable drive. You may need to buy a separate drive and enclosure so you can ensure you get what you need.
- QuestionWhen will this drive be available? (1 Answer)
- Questionwhat would cause this to beep or chime? Battery, storage full,Etc... Thanks (0 Answers)
- QuestionWould this work with a MacBook Pro with OS X - version 10.8.5? (0 Answers)
- QuestionCan this drive be partitioned so it can be used to backup more than one PC? (0 Answers)
- QuestionIt doesn't say it's compatible with Windows 10. Is it? (5 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this drive have the capability to schedule automatic back ups? (2 Answers)Answers
Setting up backups would be something you would do via software and you could use a drive like this one as the backup destination. I bought it to backup my Western Digital Network Attached Storage. I plugged this drive into the NAS and used the software in the NAS to schedule a weekly backup increment. This drive doesn't come with any particular software, but if you want a basic scheduled backup, most operation systems already include a simple program to accomplish this. An aftermarket program will likely have more options - like do you want a mirror of your computer's hard drive or just a copy of the data files? Do you want multiple save points or just one? etc.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions