Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs the hard drive capacity per drive, or total? This is 8TB 2 Bay. So does it have two 8TB drives or two 4TB drives? (2 Answers)Answers
Two, 4 TB drives, 8 TB total, second 4 TB backs up auto the first 4 TB drive. Different ways to configure - User manuals available on line at WD and Best Buy. What's nice is that you get free 30 day toll free customer support at WD, that really works, and they really help if you get hung up for some reason. (Not to short change Best Buy Geeks, but the WD 'horse's mouth' has certain advantages, since they are specialists in WD MyCloud).
- QuestionDoes this NAS storage come with hard-drives inside or do I need to purchase hard-drives separately? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you backup remotely? My son is in college, but we'd like to be able to back up his phone/laptop to this. Is that possible? Also, does it support separate secure accounts?? I'd like my business files separate. Thanks! (2 Answers)Answers
Remote backup is more of a cloud solution. I would recommend looking into a cloud backup service such as Carbonite. It can backup both laptop and mobile devices given sufficient internet connectivity. A network attached storage (NAS) is more for providing storage to your local area network (i.e home or office). There are ways to allow secured remote connectivity into your network but that is beyond the scope of this product. For typical home usage, the network share would be visible to all. Providing secure access can happen through password protection or having a domain setup with individual accounts, but this is also beyond the scope of the product.
- QuestionHow well does this work in a Windows domain environment? Can you add file and share permissions from the domain? (1 Answer)Answers
- Questioncan you use this EX2 Ultra 16TB 2-bay NAS with XP professional operating system? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionAre the individual drives replaceable? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions