Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $69.99
The previous price was $139.99
QuestionI was told when I bought this that I would need a power cable for the card. What cable would I need and where can I find it?
- Answer What are you smoking. No cables needed my guy.
QuestionWill this work in a desktop?
- Answer Yes! I use it as a boot drive. I have both the Samsung and the Western digital on my Asus TUF Gaming X570 mother board. I’ve bench marked both, and they both run at comparable speeds; both are super duper fast...way way faster than a standard HDD drive and quite a bit faster than a standard 2.5 inch solid state drive. I built my own desk top computer, and I decided I didn’t want any SATA drives and a lot of cables to hide and tuck away. My windows boot time with the Western Digital m.2 drive is fantastic...8 seconds or less. It would take my HDD drive 20 seconds to boot up and 40 to 50 seconds to shut down. Imagine! 8 seconds to boot up. When I double click on an icon to open a program, it just opens now. Opening internet explorer...double click, and its instantly open. It takes less than 15 seconds to defragment where as on the HDD it would take 3-5 minutes. Have fun with it. You likely won’t regret it. Also remember I have all new components...AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, GeForce RTX 2070 super, RAM is 3.2 ghz, and an ASUS TUF gaming X570 board which has two dedicated M.2 slots. I do game, and the M.2 hard drives make that a lot of fun.
QuestionIs this model # WDBRPG5000ANC or WDS500G3X0C? Asking this because 1) As per WD official specifications, https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/1534 only WDS500G3X0C is a valid model number & 2) Review images of BIOS show WDS500G3X0C
- Answer Everything about those two model numbers seem to be the exact same. Just one only shows on 3rd party retailers while the 3X0C only on WD. From the box and firmware identification, mine was listed as the 3X0C number.
QuestionI need to know fast. Will this act as additional storage and reboot times etc for my recently purchased ROG Strix G731 17.3" 16 gb RAM laptop?
- Answer I see that laptop already has an NVMe drive installed so you wouldn't see faster boot times (assuming it's the $2k model I see on Best Buy's website). Though you could still buy this and make it a new drive for additional storage.
- Answer I don’t think so. If you have a motherboard with a heat spreader, that will do just fine. Honestly, mine doesn’t get hot enough to really warrant one. My case fans also provide a bit of a breeze on it, which I think is enough cooling.
QuestionI am trying to decide on a Power Supply, what is the current draw of this drive? WD - Black 1TB and WD - Black 500GB?
- Answer The SN750 data can be found on this page. https://www.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn750-nvme-ssd As with any piece of hardware, your power usage will have active and rest state averages. Notably, though, this drive isn't what's going to determine what power supply you should be using. It's minimal by comparison to a lot of other things going on. Your video card plays a much bigger variable in that question.
- Answer Hi Raj, Please refer to the link given below for a list of motherboards that have been tested to fit the WD BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD. https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/product/internal-drives/wd-black-ssd/compatibility-list-wd-black-sn-750.pdf -Need Help? Please see our "'Contact Us" page for information.
QuestionI have a dell g5 15, Am I able to just pop this in, and be good to go, or would there be more to do?
- Answer Hi Cabot, Please refer to the link given below for a list of motherboards that have been tested to fit the WD BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD. https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/product/internal-drives/wd-black-ssd/compatibility-list-wd-black-sn-750.pdf -Need Help? Please see our "'Contact Us" page for information.
QuestionI just bought this to upgrade from a lite on model CV8-8E128-HP. installed it and laptop wont recognize it. Is this the right type? I have been up to the store twice in 16hrs and was told 2.5 ssd first, then this and had pic of original ssd for them
- Answer Hi Nicholas, This issue can be better addressed over the call. This way we can provide you best customer support. Need Help? Please contact us at: Phone: (https://t.co/4tEu1E0hVa) Email: (https://t.co/5bQq1l63Dn)
QuestionWill this work on my Intel DX58OG Motherboard? It does not have NVme.2 slot, can I then use some kind of adaptor?
- Answer You would need a PCIe adapter such as this one... https://amzn.to/2RZVoeK Just plug that into the PCIe x16 slot and your good to go
QuestionHP Pavilion 17" laptop HDD installed. My question is can I install this SSD in it's place? All info I have is listed based on "my computer" prod # 00326-10000-00000=AA952 dev # c1ebcb2c-fbfd-4e55-beb3-393be192d19f I5-4210 cpu Will this work for me?
- Answer This will work for you. The SATA HDD has a separate connection. This SSD will go in the M.2 slot.
QuestionI currently have the 250GB version of this but need more space on my computer. Can I just add a second one of these to my computer without having to take my current SSD out to add more space?
- Answer Most likely not. It would depend on your motherboard. If you have 2 spaces for this format SSD, then you could do that. Unless you have a new, high-end motherboard, most will only have 1 slot.
- Answer Unfortunately, NVMe isn't compatible with current consoles and cannot be adapted for technical reasons. It will not work in a PS4. You might be able to use a USB adapter but you likely won't gain anything since the USB bus isn't fast enough to keep up. I suggest getting a 2.5" SATA drive instead.
- Answer Yes, the Acer Helios predator 300 year 2019 has 2 M.2 slots.
QuestionWill this work in my dell laptop? I'm trying to download files to be able to work from home. But my laptop doesn't contain enough storage for what I'm needing to down load to run for work? Is this what I'm looking for to help storage on my device?
- Answer Kay, We'd have to know which Dell laptop you have, but the answer in general, is probably not. You would probably be better off with external storage, like a USB stick, MicroSD card, or USB hard drive/SSD drive. Going the external route also frees you up from having to open up your laptop and poke around in there, which can be tricky. Tricky doesn't always mean impossible. You could plug in your laptop name and model into youtube and look for 'tear down' videos, which shows how they are disassembled. If that doesn't look too bad, you could find a replacement hard drive for your model with a larger capacity and if you go with an SSD, you'll get increased performance as well (if you don't already have an SSD). You can see that there's a lot of variables without knowing your exact model. Once you have external storage, you could probably move some of the things in your 'Pictures', 'Documents' and Download files to the external storage. This would free up space on your laptop. If your laptop is too full of files, it might not be able to process updates, potentially putting you at a security risk. Hope this helps.