QuestionI know the product is compatible with Apple HomeKit. Can you set up through HomeKit with out using the Wemo app? And does it have the HomeKit QR code on the product?
- Answer I set 3 of them up today without the Wemo app. Just added a device in Apple HomeKit then scanned the QR code an was good to go.
QuestionSupport 5GHz wifi?
- Answer No. It works on the 2.4GHz wifi. You have to switch to that before you can set it up. Otherwise you will likely get an error message saying the accessory is not compatible with your router. Very misleading. This is not specified in the instructions.
QuestionI don’t see a specification for wattage. Are these safe to use with an electric teapot or other high current devices?
- Answer Hello. The Wemo WSP080 is safe with electronic devices and appliances so long as it won’t exceed its maximum rated output wattage of 1800W.
- Answer Hi, Viki. The Wemo WiFi Smart Plug is compatible with the Apple HomeKit app.
- Answer These are not rated for outdoor use, so I would not recommend that. However the company does make outdoor-rated smart outlets.
- Answer No, Ma7eo. The Wemo WiFi Smart Plug (WSP080) doesn't support dimming feature.
QuestionIf I’m away and the internet goes down at my house will the scheduled on/off still work? Would I get a notification if the internet went down?
- Answer Hi, Jbell. As long as the rules are already saved, it should still continue to perform even if the internet is down. However, you won’t be notified. If the Wemo device is no longer detected from the Wemo App, it is possible that the connection is down.
QuestionWhy is Wemo smart plug so expensive compared to TP Link's Kasa smart plug at more than double the cost? Both incorporate wifi technology... so what's the difference? WEMO app is so problematic too. What is is that WEMO buyers like about this product?
- Answer The only thing wemo has that TP does not is out of the box homekit support. That is the only reason i bought them.
QuestionDoes this product have an option to notify me when something isn't drawing power anymore such as a washing machine so I'll know when its done? Or is it just a wireless on/off switch?
- Answer Hi, Nathan. The Wemo WSP080 doesn’t have that feature. It only allows you to control and view the status of your devices from anywhere and set Rules to automate turning your devices ON and OFF.
QuestionCan I use this plug on the Wi-Fi network in my dorm? I have to logon in to the wi-fi on a webpage with my own password and username.
- Answer I would not use these in answer to your question. Why do you need a smart plug at all for your dorm Wi-Fi? Isn't Wi-Fi provided by your school within the dorm building and elsewhere on campus? This smart plug may be useful in the dorm room for smart lighting, but not for most others things in your dorm room. I hope my answer provides useful information.
QuestionI am looking for a smart plug that will send me an alert if / when it loses power. Does this plug have that feature?
- Answer These plugs do not notify you of a power outage When power is restored, the plugs stay in the off position until the next on cycle The time is based on the WeMo server and does not require reseting the time after a power outage You can on your WeMo application turn them on or off anytime without affecting the cycle
QuestionDo these work with the samsung smarthings phone & tv aps? I cannot get the icons to show up on my samsung smarthings phone & smarthings ap on my samsung tv. The icons only show up on my wemo ap.
- Answer It works with the Alexa app. I don't believe it works with the smart things app.
- Answer Yes, through the WeMo App
QuestionI’ve been trying to set this switch up to my night hawk mesh wifi for weeks now. The switch seems to want to reset itself to a blinking orange light. How do I fix this?
- Answer Do you have it plugged in to a socket that turns on and off with a light switch!? This could be the problem every time you flip the switch it could reset if not I recommend returning and purchasing globe brand.