Questions & Answers
- QuestionDual Hose system (2 Answers)
I've read about negative pressure in several reviews, that this dual hose system resolves it. It seems to me that if the intake hose is simply placed in a cool spot in the room, the A/C would then cool already cool air. The intake draws no more air than the exhaust expels, correct? I can't use a window. My only window's nearly at ceiling height and far too narrow for the ducting. Horizontal slide. I have to cut a hole in drywall to run the exhaust into an already very hot attic. I don't want to draw air (hot and dirty) from that attic. Open to opinions, views and suggestions. Tkx!! DougAnswers
A dual hose system is the only type of portable a/c to consider. This is why. A/C units work in two parts, condenser and evaporator. The condenser is normally outside and the evaporator inside. Air flows through the condenser and cools the hot Freon which then goes to the evaporator and is expanded which makes it cold. Room air circulates through it and cools your room. The hoses are for the condenser side or hot side. With two hoses outside air comes in and passes through the condenser and is expelled outside as hot air from cooling the condenser Freon. In a single hose system the room air is passed through the condenser and expelled outside. This is not very efficient as your wasting your conditioned air to cool the condenser then venting the hot air overboard. This also causes a negative pressure which will cause hot outside air to be sucked into the room through every crack to equalize the pressure.
- Questionis this truly drain free that is you do not empty water Thank-you (4 Answers)Answers
The water is evaporated by hot exhaust which is a nice feature. I have never had to drain water and none appears as liquid at exhaust hose outlet. However, manual states that it will shut down if water accumulates in a very high humidity situation. Then the unit can be drained manually to resume running. Beware that drain is at bottom and a low height pan would be needed to drain.
- QuestionHow long is the window bracket? (3 Answers)
- QuestionIs this machine noisy? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan the window hose kit installed in 16" horizontal window? (2 Answers)Answers
The window kit is designed to fit most standard horizontally or vertically sliding windows. The included window kit measures, 6.5" W x 20" L (minimum), 46" (maximum). If it is too large for your window, the kit can be cut to size. We are happy to provide any technical support or product information. Our Consumer Support Team is available Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PST at 1-866-WHYNTER (1-866-949-6837) and at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- QuestionMy window is very short. about 19". What is the minimum length of window it will still fit this AC dual hose bracket? What is the length of the bracket that hold the two holes, without using the bracket extensions? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this unit have an auto fan shut-off? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan a temp. be set,and the a/c go & off automatically? (2 Answers)
- QuestionDo you have to change the activated-carbon air filter and if so how much normally (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf the water is full will stop? (3 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions