Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhat is the difference between the Pro and Home versions (10 Answers)Answers
The home version is kind of like their basic os system, the pro version offers way more- if your a hardcore gamer or multi-tasker you want to go with the pro version. If you just diddle around on the computer FB, youtube, etc. the home version is fine.
- Questionin what kind of media comes ?? cd, dvd, flash drive, download ??? (10 Answers)
- Questioncan i install the windows 10 pro on 2 diffrent computers (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this the retail version or the OEM version of Windows 10 Professional? (8 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhats the difference between this version and this one?: Theyre both 64bit and pro versions but why is the one on the link cheaper? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-windows-10-pro-64-bit-windows/4379719.p?skuId=4379719 (3 Answers)Answers
Tl;dr - The more expensive one is the retail version. The less expensive one is the OEM version. The retail version can only be installed on one computer at a time, but can be uninstalled and reinstalled on any computer. The OEM version is cheaper because it can only be installed ONCE to ONE computer. It cannot be reinstalled. The one that costs $199.99 is the retail version of Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. The one that costs $142.99 is the OEM version. The OEM version is cheaper because there are disbenefits to this version as opposed to the retail version. The OEM version is a one-time use Windows license. It can only be installed on one computer, one time. If you were to uninstall the OEM version, you cannot reinstall it; not even on the same computer it was uninstalled from. The retail version can't be installed on multiple computers either. Unlike the OEM version however, the retail version of Windows CAN be reinstalled on any computer, so long as it is only installed on one computer at a time. For more information, I'd recommend reading this article before deciding whether or not it's worth it to buy the less expensive OEM version: http://www.worldstart.com/windows-10-oem-vs-retail-whats-the-difference/ Hope this helps!
- QuestionIf you replace a computer, can you use software on the new computer? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have the Windows 10 Pro free 1 year download. Can I purchase & use upload to remove probationary version? (4 Answers)Answers
Hello sed, The Windows 10 free upgrade is for Windows 7 or higher PCs and is available for the first year of its release. After the first year, folks who did not take advantage of the Windows 10 free upgrade will have to buy it. If you have already upgraded to Windows 10, you will not need to purchase it. We hope this was helpful to you.
- Questioncan the windows 10 be used on a macbook (7 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this windows 10 come with product key in the flash drive (5 Answers)
- Questionif you have windows 10 pro, do you need to buy Microsoft Office?, (7 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions