Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $349.99
QuestionI connected the soundbar via the HDMI (ARC) port. It was playing through the tv as well as the cable box. now the sound only comes from the cable box. do anyone know why this is happening?
- Answer Not sure if this relates to your situation or not. I also have my soundbar connected via the HDMI ARC port and noticed sound stopped playing from TV sometimes, usually after asking Alexa to play music or playing music from my phone through a Bluetooth connection. In my case when this happens I can get sound back again by pushing the TV button at the top of the remote. I noticed that the white LED light on top of the soundbar was on NET and needed to be put back in “TV” input mode again.
QuestionI’ve purchase the Yas 209 and Samsung 55 Q60R. Tv. Do I need to hook up the optical cord and HDMI or just the HDMI? Thank you
- Answer Just the hdmi cable should work. Just be sure to hook up the cable to the "hdmi arc" input on the tv...if not, it won't work.
QuestionHi, Does it work with Samsung un65j6200 tv? Does it need hdmi arc on tv? What is the downside without hdmi arc?
- Answer So long as your TV has an optical output you’ll be able to use the soundbar system by plugging it into the optical port on the TV with the included optical cable. HDMI (ARC) allows you to turn the unit and the TV on/off using only your TV remote. Without that connection you’ll need to turn the soundbar on/off using a separate remote that comes with the soundbar. BTW, the soundbar and included wireless subwoofer sound great in our master bedroom. We no longer have rear speakers as we used to but for a bedroom audio system and for the price, this is a nice system.
QuestionCan anyone tell me how to connect with internet ?? When I receive the item there was no internet cable so I guess it can connect through wi-fi???
- Answer Correct: no internet cable (CAT-5 cable) comes with unit, although the unit DOES have an ethernet (CAT-5) jack. If your house is wired for ethernet and you want to connect to the WIRED ethernet, then you have to buy an appropriate length of CAT-5 cable, then use the new cable to attach the soundbar's ethernet jack to the nearest ethernet jack in your house (i.e. ethernet wall jack). If your house is NOT wired for ethernet (or if you prefer to connect wirelessly even if you house IS wired for ethernet), the soundbar is able to connect to a home wireless network. However you have to use the "sound bar controller app" in order to do so. The app is the only way you can do things like (a) select your wireless network to connect to, (b) enter the network security key/password... You cannot do that stuff via the (very basic) remote that comes with the unit. I'm not a big smart-phone guy, but I did download the Yamaha Sound Bar Controller App to connect the soundbar to my wireless home network. The download/install process on my Samsung phone was free and surprisingly easy. Once you get the app installed then you can do all the network-selection/enter-network-password stuff required to connect the soundbar to your wireless home network. So the bottom line is you have to install the Yamaha Sound Bar Controller App on either your smart phone or a tablet device in order to configure the soundbar to be able to connect to a wireless network.
- Answer works very well with my 900F
QuestionThis product has Amazon Alexa built-in. Does it require an Amazon Alexa hub or other product to work? Or is the only requirement an Amazon Alexa account?
- Answer It doesn’t require any additional Amazon/Alexa components other than an account.
- Answer Yes, the soundbar can be mounted on the wall.
- Answer Perhaps, but you can't use the app to set the soundbar up, which is a disadvantage. I just disabled Alexa and connected to my home network.
- Answer The soundbar does not need the subwoofer connected to listen to music or other device audio.
- Answer Definitely not.
QuestionMy sound bar randomly shuts down after about 1 hour of use. It works well otherwise and I am able to turn it back on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do or why this happens?
- Answer Never had this type Of issue, my advice is to go over on the Manual, if needed to re inspect how you set up from the start in case there is a miaaing Step just saying.
QuestionWhen I ask Alexa to play music, can the audio be extended to an Alexa Dot at the same time so music plays on both. I plan to have the sound bar in the family room and the Dot in the kitchen and would like to hear music on both the sound bar and the Dot?
- Answer Should be no problem. The Amazon app on a smartphone or tablet allows you group echo devices. Just go to the app and click on devices on the bottom and follow the prompts
QuestionDo I need Wi-Fi to make the L15E-KTQ5 Yamaha 200W soundbar with wireless subwoofer and built-in Alexa work ? We have no access to Wi-Fi
- Answer Yes you need wifi or an internet connection ( Ethernet cable ) to setup & use Alexa.
QuestionAre the screw holes for this soundbar on the back or bottom? Is an elbow bracket necessary for mounting? Are the screw holes threaded and if so what is the screw size?
- Answer The screw holes are at the back. The screw holes are not threaded and you don’t need an elbow bracket.