Ralph J. Gleason's Jazz Casual: John Coltrane [DVD]
This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.
A master of the tenor, soprano, and alto saxophones, the great John William Coltrane (1926-1967) performs here with his quintet for a black-and-white episode of Jazz Casual, music critic Ralph J. Gleason's renowned series for National Educational Television (1960-1968). Originally aired January 4, 1964, the program features Coltrane blowing the saxophones, McCoy Tyner on piano, Jimmy Garrison at the bass, and Elvin Jones playing the drums. Highlights include an extended bass solo by Garrison. The songs played are Intro Theme: National Educational TV Blues (:25), Afro Blue (7:11), Alabama (5:59), and Impressions (13:51).
- GenreMusic DVDs,TV
- SubgenreInstrumental Music [nf],Music Show [TV]
- Countries ProducedUnited States
- Product TagsDVD
- Program TypeEpisode
- Sound Featuresstereo
- Screen FormatBlack & White
- Aspect Ratio1.33:1
- Region Code1
- StudioRhino Home Video
- TonesEarthy, Elegant, Intimate, Lyrical, Stirring, Warm
- Product NameRalph J. Gleason's Jazz Casual: John Coltrane [DVD]