Customer Ratings & Reviews
Dell - Inspiron 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce 940MX - 512GB SSD - Platinum Silver
Customer ratings & reviews
Other than Loudspeaker & Fan sound, GreatPosted
Two very basic and annoying problem with this laptop are- 1. Fan sound - the fan always makes sound, I had much older laptops before and they didn't do this. Sometimes it's so much that it feels like there is a Jet engine running in my desk !!! It doesn't matter how man apps running. The sound is almost permanent. 2. Loudspeaker - frankly speaking it's really bad. I played Avengers Endgame theme song on loudspeaker and at some point it sounded like my laptop is gonna explode. There is a lingering "screech" sound coming from the side of SD card port. In both cases, I am dealing with these problems by using a headphone pretty much all the time. I don't wanna go through the trouble of a return. Other than these 2 issues, laptop seems great. I do hope DELL fix this. It will become a TOP rank laptop if they resolve these.
I would recommend this to a friend
Thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about the fan noise that you're experiencing as well as the sound quality. We'd recommend that you update the BIOS on your computer to help with the fan noise:
An out-of-date BIOS can cause loud fan noises by having an outdated temperature table for the system. Refer to update BIOS and follow the instructions to update the BIOS on your computer. You can also follow up with our Technical Support Team here - 1-800-624-9896.
You can read the full article here - http://dell.to/2ENlXfz.
If you'd like to see if your fan noise can be improved we'd recommend checking to make sure that your drivers are up to date: https://dell.to/2HDJrG0.
I do not recommend itPosted
The laptop responds correctly, the high temperature acquired by the keyboard and the display is not an expected behavior.Return the machine
No, I would not recommend this to a friend
We're sorry that your computer is not performing the way you hoped it would. Here are some tips to help keep your computer running at a cooler temperature:
Tips for Proper Usage:
1. Dell does not recommend placing portable systems directly on your lap. Due to reductions in the thickness of modern portable systems, heat transfer can be an issue.
2. Using a portable system (Laptop) on a hard, flat, non-cloth surface will increase airflow and reduce heat from underneath and inside the system.
Using the portable system on a blanket, pillow, or other types of cloth will cover up the fan cause the computer to overheat and can cause permanent damage.
3. It is recommended to use the portable system in a Room temperature of 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F) with a Humidity level no greater than 90%.
4. Use compressed air to clean the vents on a regular basis.
5. Using a cooling pad can decrease heat and increase performance.
6. If you want to know the temperature limitations for your system, go to the Dell Support Website, look up your system model then open the user guide under the manuals link.
You can read the full article here - http://dell.to/2uJ8AdG.