Getting Support from Best Buy
An update on support from Best Buy.
Nothing is more important than the safety of our customers and employees, and that’s why we’ve made some updates to how we provide in-store and in-home services, as well as how our Geek Squad can support you. For more details on these changes, please follow the links below.
How to get support
Total Tech Support and Geek Squad Protection Plans
Geek Squad Support options
Computers and tablets (non-Apple):
- Remote support: https://www.bestbuy.com/services/remotesupport
- 1-800 Geek Squad (1-800-433-5778)
All other devices:
- 1-800 Geek Squad (1-800-433-5778)
All Apple Products support options:
- 1-800-275-2273 or getSupport.Apple.com
Did you receive a laptop or desktop shipping box from your local Best Buy store?
- Before you ship your device, please call 1-800 Geek Squad (1-800-433-5778).
In-store service appointment
Best Buy stores are now able to provide in-store Geek Squad services while maintaining social distancing and adhering to CDC guidelines.1 Learn about the safety precautions we're taking to ensure we keep you and our employees as safe as possible.2 In-store service appointments are available by appointment. Schedule a service appointment.
If you need Geek Squad service but prefer not to visit a Best Buy store, we have Agents available to help you remotely or over the phone. Learn about the different support options available.
What to bring and know
- A brief description of the issue(s) you are experiencing with your technology.
- Your device and the accessories required for the device, such as a charger and any software that you wish to have installed.
- Login information and passwords for the device as well as Apple ID, email addresses and any other accounts that you wish to have installed or that require access.
When we collect your device
- If we need to collect your device curbside, the host will come out to your car and ask you to place your device and required accessories into a box, shopping cart or similar structure.
- If you are unable to place the device in a box or cart yourself, please place the device and all required accessories on an adjacent seat or in the trunk of your vehicle.
Arriving at your in-store appointment
- Prior to arriving, you'll receive a call from your Geek Squad Agent to walk you through what to expect once you arrive at the store. During this call, the Agent will confirm whether you want curbside or in-store consultation (where available).
- Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a host who will help verify and direct you to your appointment.
- You’ll be able to choose if you want to conduct your appointment curbside or in-store (where available). If you choose in-store, there are some additional required guidelines that the host will inform you of. We recommend that everyone wear a face mask so we can help protect each other. However, unless state or local laws require it, you will not be required to wear one if you are fully vaccinated. Vaccinated associates may still wear a mask if they choose to, but associates who have not been vaccinated are still required to wear a face mask. We will supply a face covering if you don’t have one. Small children and those unable to wear one for health reasons may enter without one.
- If you choose curbside service, payment information will be collected (when required) over the phone.
How to complete an approved Geek Squad replacement
1. You'll receive a confirmation email that your product was approved for replacement.
2. Curbside Pickup may vary by store location. Check your local store for Curbside Pickup hours and details.
- Appointments are not required for replacing your device. However, if you’d like help with choosing a replacement device, stores are offering in-store consultations with Best Buy team members.
- If your store doesn't offer Curbside Pickup, or if you prefer to complete your replacement over the phone, please call 1-800 Geek Squad (1-800-433-5778).
3. Arrive at your store's Curbside Pickup and inform the curbside host that you've been approved for a Geek Squad replacement item.
- To speed up the process, you should have the original purchase receipt of the item approved for replacement and your service order number or the Return Authorization that is located in your confirmation email.
How to pick up a repaired device
We'll let you know once your repair is complete through email and/or text message.
To ensure that we return your device safely, we're taking additional cleaning precautions before returning it to you.
(If you received an email about your product being approved for replacement, please see "How to complete an approved Geek Squad replacement.")
Here's how Store Pickup for your repaired device works:
1. You’ll receive confirmation by email or text that your repair is finished.
2. Arrive at your store and let the host know that you're picking up a repaired product.
- A government-issued ID or copy of your service order is required.
- Delivery, installation, recycling and haul away are still available for appliances, TVs and more.* Learn about the safety precautions we take when providing in-home services.
- If you prefer that we do not enter your home, just let our Agent know at the time of delivery. We'll leave your product(s) at your doorstep or inside an open garage. Learn how to safely move, unbox and set up a new appliance or TV.
- If you've received an email from us about rescheduling, please follow the instructions in your email. To check the status of your appointment, please go to our In-Home Appointment Manager.
*Some delivery and installation limitations may apply, including government restrictions. Where delivery inside your residence is available, you may select delivery to your front door as your delivery option.
Returns and exchanges
In-store trade-in and recycling
Temporary suspension of cancellation due to non-payment of Geek Squad Protection and AppleCare+ plans.
We have extended our grace periods for payment for many purchasers of monthly-paid Geek Squad Protection, Geek Squad Loss & Theft Insurance, AppleCare+, and AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss for iPhone plans. If you are unable to make timely payment due to financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may contact us at 1-800 Geek Squad (1-800-433-5778) and we will be happy to work with you to ensure your plan stays active.
Residents of New York, please go here for more information.3
2. So long as there is community spread of COVID-19, the risk of infection cannot be completely eliminated.