Safety and In-Home Service
Safety is our top priority when we visit your home.
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers and employees. That's why we follow CDC-recommended guidelines when we visit your home, so we can help prevent the spread of illness and keep everyone as safe as possible.1 Here are the important steps we're taking before, during and after your in-home service.
Before your in-home service.
We'll call you before we visit.
Before we come to your home, we'll call you at least 24 hours in advance. During this call, we will:
If you're ill or quarantined, or if you don't want to continue with the appointment, we can either reschedule or arrange for doorstep delivery.
We'll also call you on the day of service and go through these five points again so we can keep everyone as safe as possible.
How we prepare before your visit.
During your in-home service.
We've created a detailed plan for keeping everyone safe during our visit to your home. Here's what to expect:
Before the work starts.
- We'll put on protective gear before we enter your home.
- We'll keep a 6-foot distance from you as we enter (and for the remainder of our visit).
- We'll go over the five points from our phone calls once again.
- The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority, so while we're at your home, we'll be wearing a face covering for the duration of our visit, and we ask that you do the same when in the same room with your service team. Small children and those unable to wear one for health reasons don't need a face covering, but we ask that those individuals practice proper social distancing with service team members.
How we keep things safe during the work.
- We'll prepare a workspace by marking a perimeter that gives us enough room to work in, and that provides a safe amount of distance from you and your family.
- We'll clean and disinfect all surfaces we'll be touching. We'll also follow manufacturer guidelines and use the correct material to safely clean your product.
- After the work is complete, we'll provide a demo of your product, with you watching at a safe distance.
- We'll once again clean any surfaces we came into contact with.
- If you need to pay by credit card, we'll clean your card before and after we swipe it. No signature will be required.
After your in-home service.
Our safety precautions continue even after we leave your home. Before our next in-home visit, we'll clean and disinfect all tools and supplies. And when we return to our Best Buy location at the end of the day, we will:
- Place returned products or haul-away items in a designated area to be quarantined and sanitized.
- Properly dispose of all safety supplies and trash.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in our vehicles.
- File only the minimum required paperwork for each in-home service (which no customer has ever touched).
- Wash our clothing and reusable materials at home.
To comply with state and local requirements, in-home service is limited in these areas:
|State||Area||In-Home Service Options|
|No current service restrictions.|
1. So long as there is community spread of COVID-19, the risk of infection cannot be completely eliminated.
3. Haul-away service can be performed in conjunction with doorstep delivery but only if the unit to be hauled away is placed outside the home or in an open garage. Your delivery/installation team will confirm this with you during the appointment pre-call. If you are unable to move the unit to be hauled away, we will provide you with options to reschedule for a later date when we can perform the service in your home or to cancel the haul-away service and receive a refund.