If you can't make it to the 'club', you can still enjoy the 'club' festivities with this Sony GTK-XB60 High Power Portable Bluetooth Speaker. It is feature-packed as a portable party machine. The sound reproduced in this speaker targets the mid-ranges, and is vibrant at higher tones and at clear voice. It has a full-bodied, robust bass. This speaker is capable of handling large, indoor and, or, outdoor spaces with quality acoustics while playing varied music genres. It can easily accommodate smaller venues as well. But, especially appealing to the younger folks is the illumination of the speaker lights and various DJ Effects. This is what sets this unit apart and above all of the other, plain speaker units. This Sony XB60 is a living, breathing, controllable, 'Party-Animal', disguised as a quality speaker. Its multi-functional array of controls for both sounds, lights, and DJ Effects is absolutely amazing and blew my socks off. WoW!
After unboxing this Sony XB60 I immediately began charging the unit with the included five foot long A/C cord. There is an LED indicator light at the top of the power button, which turns Green when A/C power is 'ON'. While charging the power button LED glows Amber, and when fully charged the Amber LED turns itself 'Off'. It took approximately three hours and thirty minutes to fully charge (the first time). That gave me plenty of time to read over the included and comprehensive Operating Instructions, which include detailed illustrations, notes and hints. I also downloaded the Free Sony Music App, which prompted me to download the Free Sony Fiestable App. Both of these Apps are available at either the Google Play or Apple App Stores. You need both of these Apps to fully enjoy the multitude of features offered by the XB60.
Functions of the Sony Music Center App Using Your Smartphone:
* Access your own personal Music Library (Need to give App permission to access)
* Access directly to Pandora, Tunein Radio, etc. directly from within the App (If installed on your Smartphone).
* Access the various Lighting Modes and select from Rave, Chill, Hot, Cool, Strobe, Calm Magenta, Calm Cyan, Calm Lime, Calm Cinnabar, Calm Daylight, Calm Light
Bulb, and Lights 'OFF' and Random Flash 'OFF'.
* Play musical genres from a USB device and set the various 'play modes'.
* Balance your speaker sound from preset EQ's: EDM, Hip Hop, R & B, Pop, Rock, Country, Jazz, Salsa, Flat, and, or, customize your own EQ's with seven different ranges.
* Change the sound effects through the various DJ EFFECT settings.
* Additional Sound Settings – Activate Clear Audio (Sony's recommended sound setting) and adding Extra Bass if you so desire (Grand Kids certainly do).
* Control multiple systems using the Wireless Party Chain or Speaker Add function.
* Check the batter power levels.
* Configure the various settings for the system.
Functions of the Fiestable App Using Your Smartphone:
*DJ Control allows you to completely customize your music genres using Flanger, Isolator, WAH, and Custom EQ effects and in each DJ mode you can add Drums, Scratch, Audience, Voice (Cool Sayings), Phaser, Reggaehorn, and Rythm by simply tapping or using your finger swirling around on your Smartphone pad. This App feature is absolutely mind-boggling and pure FUN. The more I use it, the more I love it. And, of course, you can turn the DJ effects 'OFF' any time.
* Motion Control is another fascinating feature, which allows you to control DJ and Illumination effects with a twist and motion of your hand. My Grand Kids love this motion control and are quite good at it.
* Illumination Controls – Yet, another amazing feature, which you control from the pad of your Smartphone. You can change, blend, and even customize the LED color displays on the speaker by simply moving you finger around the color circle on the pad of your Smartphone. There is a Party Flash feature, which allows you to blink the LED lights by tapping the pad of your Smartphone as fast or slow as you wish, and, the lights react, accordingly.
NOTE – From the Fiestable App you can access the Sony Music Center App through the link at the top of your Smartphone.
If the above features appear too complicated to learn and operate – I am living proof they certainly are NOT. My Grand Kids came over to visit a day after I was enjoying this Sony XB60, and 'learning' the various operations. At seventy-four, I think of myself as pretty tech-literate. However, after only two hours my Grand Kids were showing me the 'ins & outs' of the various Club-FUN features of this unit, and having a ball with the DJ Effects. The especially liked the Hand Motion synchronization. Did Sony purposefully design this Party-Animal Speaker for young folks? You betcha'. But even Grandpa enjoys the multitude of lights and sound effects, too.
Prominent Features of the Sony XB60:
* Bluetooth pairing is fast and super-simple, and is NFC compatible.
* You can Bluetooth pair up to three different devices at the same time. (The last paired Bluetooth device will always be connected first automatically).
* At the back of this unit: 120V Power Cord Connection, Party Chain Button with LED Indicator Light, USB Port, Mic Jack and Mic Sound Level Control, Audio Input & Output Jacks, which can be connected to 'other' audio equipment, TV, or another audio system for Wired Party Chain connection, and System Reset Button
* Manual top-side control buttons: Power Button – Lights up Green when system is turned 'On', Amber while charging, and when in Bluetooth Stand-By Mode, Play / Pause / Call Button for incoming phone calls, Volume (+) and (–) Control Buttons, Extra Bass Button, Stamina Battery Button – Lights up when activated and saves battery power enabling you to use this speaker for longer periods of time, Bluetooth Pairing Button, with LED Indicator Light, NFC Pairing Mark, Speaker ADD Button, which allows you to connect other Sony speakers wirelessly to your system, Wired Party Chain Button, which enables you to connect other speakers through the audio IN & OUT cables through a wired chain (you can use non-Sony speakers as long as they accept RCA audio cables.
* Speaker can be used connected to 120V A/C power or on rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. When volume level is low and lights turned 'OFF' the speaker can last up to14 hours, 3.5 at maximum volume, 5 hours at maximum volume with Stamina 'ON', and 3 hours at maximum volume with lights turned 'ON'.
* Sony XB60 can be placed either vertically or horizontally (Tweeters adjust R & L sound).
* Hands-Free Phone Calls – When a call is received playback pauses the speaker sound and a ringtone is heard. You can talk into the speakers built-in microphone., and press the Play / Pause Button to reject or end the call.
One very important point to keep in mind with this amazing Party-Machine is that it is NOT water proof or weather resistant. Be very careful using it outdoors and around wet locations.
Well, after a whole week of use and being fascinated by what DJ, 'Club-Magic' my Grand Kids can conjure up, I am so pleased with this Sony XB60. In fact, it has made Grandpa and Grandma's the new 'IN-PLACE' to be. I highly recommend this speaker for its dynamic sound, extra bass, multitude of functions, never ending colorful light shows, and just because my Grand Kids love it so much. It is pricey, but just look at what features you get, unbelievable. This Sony XB60 is an amazing feature-packed, Party Machine. The Sony XB60 would make an outstanding Christmas, Birthday, or Any-Occasion Gift to a Family Member, or that Special Young Person. You will NOT be disappointed.