- The story was engaging, exciting, and had plenty of edge of your seat moments.
- The way it wove the new story together using prior movie and TV themes to build on was kind of genius. Those who know Star Trek will enjoy that.
- It had humor with a few good laughs and chuckles, but it also brought tears to my eyes.
- I loved the way they developed the relationships between the main characters, especially between Spock and Kirk. I very much disagree with the poster who said there wasn't enough character development. I felt it was quite the opposite.
- There were surprises. Especially one big one, which I won't reveal. I enjoyed that this movie wasn't predictable.
- The casting was spot on. It's so believable that these are the young versions of Spock, Kirk, etc.
- The acting was superb.
What else can you want!
I saw it at an IMAX 3-D theater, and I'd highly recommend that. The 3-D was phenomenal on this huge screen. There were moments when I could imagine I was in space.
I think that Star Trek fans, as well as those who are new to Star Trek, will enjoy the movie. You really don't have to know Star Trek history to enjoy this movie, but if you are familiar, you'll get a lot more out of it.
So Star Trek fans shouldn't miss this new addition. I also recommend this movie to all scifi and action fans. I'll be purchasing this movie when it becomes available, and I'm sure I'll watch it many times.