1. Mega stylish! and very professional looking.
2. Sits upright - I love this feature as whether I am in class or in the library my bag is accessible.
3. Well designed compartments. I love the specific section for my laptop. I love that there is a space for my cables and a hard shell for my pens and pencils and miscellaneous items. I like the nice little compartment for my student ID which is a small zipper section on the bag in lined with all the other zipper compartments.
4. I have not traveled on a plane with it yet, but I like the convenience of adding a lock for my laptop on the zipper.
I can go on with pros, but the cons are major!!!!!
1. It is one thing to be hot, but this bag is extremely hot!!!! Yes, the bag is black so it absorbs heat. Yes, I live in our great state of Texas and Houston gets really hot, buuuuuut this bag's hot is a different type of hot! The cushion or foam that rests on my back is equivalent to adding an actual heatpad as the foam just heats up and never stops heating up! It is extremely hot!!!!
I know you are saying if it is that big of a deal why didn't I return it? For starters... I have a Targus shoulder bag that I love and I wanted to stay with the Targus brand as that shoulder laptop bag has been really good to me and I have been all over the United States with it and it is beyond durable so I was expecting the same thing from this backpack. I have returned to college and really needed a backpack for long walking distances as it is a far walk across campus. I wanted something that looked nice because I do have to return to the labor force soon and needed something that could double as a college bag as well as an office work bag.
I also kept it because it is just starting to get cooler and I am hoping that the heatpads will come in handy as I tend to not like to wear alot of jackets.
2. Turns out... I have really wide shoulders. Soooo... if you have wide shoulders, you might pass on this bag as it just does not fit right.
3. I was disappointed in the shoulder clasp as I pulled on it to close the shoulder straps to hopefully have a better fit, one of the clasps immediately came off and I can not get it back on.
4. It weighs not a little, buuuuuuuut alot!!!!! If you add just one item whether a book or an umbrella, the weight increases exponentially!!! I know by now, you are still saying... Why did I keep the bag? Easy... I need to lose weight anyway! lol....
Summary... If you are a small size person working in an office environment in pretty good shape, then you would love this bag.
If you are a college student or older student returning to college, unless you need this bag for the aforementioned reasons, then you might want to look elsewhere.
Soooo... would I recommend this bag to a friend? Not without a long conversation about understanding their needs and what they are trying to accomplish.