Ratings & Reviews
- Recruiting the five armies: see how each epic army was conceived and realized, with a focus on the characters that make them great.
- Completing Middle-Earth: rediscover the six-film saga from the vantage points of the characters, cast and filmmakers who spent 17 years bringing it to the screen.
- New Zealand: Home of Middle-Earth - part 3
Peter Jackson takes cues from the appendices of The Lord of the Rings to expand New Line Cinema's Hobbit adaptation with this third film completing the epic tale of Bilbo Baggins, as played by Martin Freeman. The story opens to find the vengeful dragon Smaug (voice of Benedict Cumberbatch) decimating the peaceful hamlet of Laketown as Bilbo, Thorin (Richard Armitage) and the rest of the dwarves lay claim to the Lonely Mountain. But their celebration is short-lived as Thorin grows obsessed with finding the Arkenstone. Meanwhile, Galadriel (Cate Blanchett) Elrond (Hugo Weaving) and Saruman (Christopher Lee) battle the Nazgul in an attempt to free Gandalf (Ian McKellen), and get some unexpected help from eccentric wizard Radagast (Sylvester McCoy). Unfortunately for all involved the struggle has only just begun, because as armies of dwarves, elves, orcs, humans and goblins converge at the base of the Lonely Mountain, the fight for the future of Middle Earth begins. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Martin Freeman - Bilbo Baggins
- Ian McKellen - Gandalf
- Richard Armitage - Thorin Oakenshield
- Elijah Wood - Frodo Baggins
- Ian Holm - Bilbo Baggins (old)