The Ladykillers [Blu-ray] 
- SKU: 9730988
- Release Date: 02/16/2010
Ratings & Reviews
- Introduction by Terry Gilliam
- Filmed interviews with Allan Scott, Terence Davies and Ronald Harwood
- Audio commentary with ealing expert Phil Kemp
- "Forever Ealing" documentary
- "Cleaning up The Ladykillers"
- Interview with James Mangold
Music professor Alec Guinness rents a London flat from sweet old lady Katie Johnson. He tells her that, from time to time, several other musicians will visit in order to rehearse. In truth, Guinness can't play a note, nor can his visitors: he's a criminal mastermind, holding court over a gang of thieves, including the likes of punkish Peter Sellers, homicidal Herbert Lom and punchdrunk Danny Green. The gang uses Guinness' flat as headquarters as they conceive a daring 60,000 pound robbery. After pulling off the job, the gang stuffs the loot in a railway station locker. To avoid detection, Guinness convinces the ever-trusting Johnson to pick up the money. Through a series of comic complications, Johnson returns home with a police escort, with neither the woman nor the bobbies suspecting that she's carrying a fortune in her suitcase. Mistakenly believing that Johnson has ratted on them, the gang reluctantly plans to eliminate her. The Ladykillers won an Oscar nomination for William Rose's screenplay, and a BFA award for veteran character actress Johnson. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Alec Guinness - Professor Marcus
- Cecil Parker - Maj. Courteney
- Herbert Lom - Louis Harvey
- Peter Sellers - Harry Robinson
- Katie Johnson - Mrs. Louisa Alexandra Wilberforce
Most Helpful ReviewsSee all reviews
Geat EntertainmentSeptember 18, 2007
Really a great and very funny movie. Worth while movie to watch. To bad they remade this one.
I would recommend this to a friend
Reviews Mentioning: Read all Reviews
Looks like we're having trouble displaying reviews for this feature
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.