Ratings & Reviews
- Audio commentary with Arnold Schwarzenegger and director Paul Verhoeven
- Interview with director Paul Verhoeven
- Making-of featurette
- "Models and skeletons: the special effects of Total Recall"
- "Imagining Total Recall"
- Restoration comparison
- Photo gallery
In Paul Verhoeven's wild sci-fi action movie Total Recall, Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a 21st-century construction worker who discovers that his entire memory of the past derives from a memory chip implanted in his brain. Schwarzenegger learns that he's actually a secret agent who had become a threat to the government, so those in power planted the chip and invented a domestic lifestyle for him. Once he has realized his true identity, he travels to Mars to piece together the rest of his identity, as well as to find the man responsible for his implanted memory. Verhoeven has created a fast, furious action film with Total Recall, filled with impressive stunts and (literally) eye-popping visuals. Though the film bears only a passing resemblance to the Philip K. Dick short story it was based on ("We Can Remember It For You Wholesale"), the movie is an entertaining, if very violent, ride. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Arnold Schwarzenegger - Doug Quaid
- Rachel Ticotin - Melina
- Sharon Stone - Lori Quaid
- Ronny Cox - Vilas Cohaagen
- Michael Ironside - Richter