Store cold foods conveniently with this Whirlpool French door refrigerator. Five spacious interior shelves, door bins and humidity-controlled drawers make organizing everything from juice containers to fresh produce easy, while the two-tier freezer accommodates family-size packages of frozen food. This Whirlpool French door refrigerator comes with an exterior water and ice dispenser for quick beverage service.
Contoured doors and fingerprint-resistant finish
Resists fingerprints and smudges with steel that easily wipes clean. Available in black stainless and stainless steel colors.
Temperature controlled full-width
For optimal freshness and more accurate refrigerator temperature control.
Includes a slide-out full-width wire basket and a plastic drawer to create plenty of space to organize frozen food.
Organize contents with ease
Includes 3 adjustable half-width shelves, 2 humidity controlled half-width crisper drawers, cantilevered shelves and more to provide ample space for storing items.
EveryDrop water filter
For clean, fresh-tasting water.
LED interior lighting
Bright lights to illuminate interior.
Helps reduce frost buildup to simplify maintenance.
Alerts you when the refrigerator door is accidentally left open to save energy.
Automatic ice maker
Provides a steady supply of ice without the mess of having to refill ice trays.
This fridge is very nice, overall it's not a bad fridge, I just wouldn't say it is great. The layout and adjustable shelves are well thought out. The overall appearance of this fridge is good, the only negatives wouldn't be a major issue to most buyers in my opinion. This is our second french door refrigerator and our last fridge (Frigidaire) had so many major issues, we're ready to welcome any fridge that doesn't require an annual repair budget.
1. Reasonably priced french door fridge
2. Whirlpool has a great warranty
3. The Ice maker and water dispenser are crazy nice
4. The layout is good and the shelves have a lot of adjustments
1. It's a little louder than our last fridge, not loud, it just has a distinct hum.
2. The left door doesn't close easily if the right door is already closed, can get left open.
3. The drawers have a cheap feel to them.
We waited over 6 months for ours and the initial impressions are very good. The black frig is pretty rare and no one in AZ had it. Seems very high quality for the price. We got the all black so we know you have to be very careful. We have a family rule not to even touch it. Besides Whirlpool only one with all black it was the only one that fit in our space. Maybe 10 years ago 68.5 was standand height which our cabinets were. The other manufacturers were 70+. Reliability yet to be determined.
I've only had this Whirlpool - 24.7 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator a few days. the first two days it was very loud and the ice falling into the tray startled the bejeezers out of me from a deep slumber. that said, after a few days, this is by far the best refrigerator I've ever had. been paying for and drinking 'Smart' water for years. No More. properly drained and with the included filter, this unit provides great tasting water. like from a stream in the mountains of Michoacán. it IS quieter after about three days other than a frequent hum when it activates, as ALL full size refrigerators do. so far I'm happy with this unit ...
Nice fridge, but need to work on their filters. Overall pretty good as per the price and spacious as well
I would recommend this to a friend
Capacity, Design, Ice maker
Drawers, Noise, Trays
Rating 4 out of 5 stars with 1 review
Beautiful Look, But With Some Compromises
Capacity, Design, Ice maker
Drawers, Noise, Trays
I've previously had two large side-by-side fridges. As most people know, these fridges have oodles of space in them, but are awkwardly narrow. You also get hot zones at the top of the unit, so frozen things aren't quite so frozen up top, etc. I was hoping this french door unit would resolve that. It hasn't quite. It's beautiful and gets lots of "oohs" and "ahhs" from guests for all the tricks it does, but fundamentally there are some issues.
First, the positives:
1) Technology: If you're a geek for technology, get ready! The TEMPERATURE controls are embedded in that glitzy touch screen above the ice/water dispenser...they aren't knobs inside the unit like every other fridge I've ever had. Also, the thing has sensors that can tell if the door is open, so it'll start dinging after 5 minutes if you don't close the door! It also has the ability to lock the ice/water, which is nice if you have kids....and it can do a few other cutesy things too. Your money basically gets you touch screen design instead of buttons. Very fun for neighbors/guests, but you won't touch most of these buttons on a day-to-day basis.
2) FRIDGE space: Emphasis here on "fridge"...that upper portion of the unit. The unit makes great use of all the available space, with tons of adjustable cubbies, bins and shelves. If your diet is fridge-heavy, you'll really like all the shelves and space. And you'll love not having to bend down all the time to get things. It's incredibly ergonomically friendly.
3) French doors: As weird as it is adjusting to opening in a sequence (FIRST the right, then SECOND the left door...even my guests get confused) it really does make the space far more usable. It helps when I make big trays of food and need to chill them. Major improvement over side-by-side.
4) Perceived Quality: Everything (for the most part) feels very high quality and good for the price point. I will say that the crisper/veggie drawers seem a little flimsy, though.
5) General Operation Sound Level: This is pretty quiet, but you can still hear it. I'm not dissatisfied with the sound level when it's running. And because it's new, it doesn't run very much, which adds to the perception of quiet.
1) FREEZER Space: I was surprised at how little freezer space there is. It's not nothing, but compared to the side-by-side, there's quite a bit less space....hard to quantify, but let's say I can fit about 10 more tater tot bags in the side by side than this. This design is brutal because of the sliding drawers. You can't overfill the drawers (ONLY to the top of them!) so it makes me cautious to overbuy things. I tend to be a stocker at sales, so this is risky. It's the single biggest disappointment with the unit. Something about the drawer-face thickness (the face is so big!) and the plunging ceiling (is the compressor motor in there above the freezer?) makes it quite small.
2) Ice/Water Dispenser: The water flow is great, and the filter is easy to replace, but the ice comes out in lurching amounts...it's almost comical how erratically it dumps ice on people's hands as it spews out. And the ice machine isn't really muffled, so this whisper quite unit is abruptly loud when it dumps ice into the tray. Also, the paddles are awkward to use. They have virtually no travel to them at the prime pressure point where my glass hits them, so when you press your glass against them, sometimes they suddenly turn off. I find that I have to press my FINGERS against the BOTTOM of the paddles to get them to operate properly. A strange oversight on such an old concept.
Overall, I'm happy enough with the look and feel of the unit to keep it, but I certainly would recommend that you trial the water/ice paddles AND the freezer space before buying to make sure you're satisfied with these detractions.
The refrigerator is very nice. It does not hold fingerprints. We use Windex on it and wipe it down for a clean look. The delivery was to the front door and the delivery company left it outside the front door due to the width being too wide with a door on a hinge. We were able to remove the door hinges ourselves easily. Check your measurements to be safe.
A:AnswerHello Royer! Per the Use and Care Guide: To manually turn off the ice maker, press TEMP and FAST COOL at the same time and hold for 3 seconds until the “Ice Maker Off” icon lights up. When the ice maker is set to OFF, it will stop producing ice.
Pressing and holding TEMP and FAST COOL again for 3 seconds turns on the ice maker and the “Ice Maker Off” icon disappears.
A:AnswerHi issues, We apologize you are having this issue with the Refrigerator. We invite you to call us directly at the Whirlpool Customer Experience Center at 1-800-253-1301. We are open 8 am to 8 pm EST, Monday through Friday and we would be more then happy to review the issue with you. Please be sure to have the model and the serial number so we can best assist you.
A:Answerit took a few min for the water to come out. had to get the air out of the line. just hold a glass and push against it. run about a gallon thru it. as far as ice was concerned, i believe it was making ice in a few hours. we discarded all ice made in a 24 hour cycle. after that the water really tasted good. we are on well water with a water softner hooked up....water never tasted so good!