BROKEN and TRYING TO USE WARRANTY WITHIN 3 MONTHS!
1. The humidity won't stay above 63%, and I have two different temperature/humidity readers showing this.
2. The temperature dial is constantly stuck at 66 on the fridge, even when the temperature actually ranges from 63-70.
3. I keep this humidor stored where no one can touch it but me, yet the humidor keeps showing new dents around the vent in the back like something is wrong.
Whynter responded to these issues with multiple questions and complete denial that this unit was broken. They sent so many emails saying that I was wrong and my unit wasn’t broken, and even had the nerve to try to teach me about cigar storage! They even argued that the humidor is supposed to constantly display the temperature that it is set to, until one day I sent them a picture of the temperature at 67 degree (even though the highest you can set the humidor is 66). Until finally they said “According to your description of the issue, the main power control board (PCB) and cooling system (heat sink) may need to be replaced.”
Next came the options of my “WARRANTY”. I could either:
1. Have them send replacement parts. Installation needs to be done by a mechanic, and costs between 125-200.
2. Send the item back myself, which costs between 100-200 in shipping. I would need to find a safe way to ship this as I no longer have the original box (after 3 months).
3. Whynter regarding option 2: “Please note that if the unit is returned and is found to be in normal working condition or the issue is not warranty related (user error, lack of maintenance, improper use, failure to follow user manual installation/ instructions, etc.,) fees may be applicable.”
All I am asking for is a replacement on a clearly defective unit that has been defective since the time of purchase. It doesn't take a week to realize the item is defective. This is ridiculous that I even have to fight for this right now. If they send an actual replacement, I would have that Whynter box to safely ship this back in.
Why would I have to pay a dime for a factory defective item? It isn’t at all worth it to spend more on this humidor than I already have. I have never been treated so poorly by a company before. I will never EVER purchase a Whynter item again, and I desperately hope they experience a loss from this.