An Amazon princess named Diana (Gal Gadot) lives an idyllic existence on an island occupied solely by female warriors, but her life changes forever after American pilot Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) crash-lands nearby. When he tells her that a massive war is engulfing the planet, she decides to travel with him to the outside world, hoping to use her powers to put an end to the conflict. Along the way, she becomes the legendary superheroine known as Wonder Woman. Directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster), this is the first solo feature film for the iconic DC Comics character.~Violet LeVoit
10 Things I Love About the New Wonder Woman Movie (No Spoilers)
1. Gal Gadot. This newcomer gives Wonder Woman such a fresh face, enchanting naiveté, and surprising strength. She is perfectly cast in this role and holds her own, even following the incomparable footsteps of Lynda Carter. I'm a hair shy of 5'9" so it's so cool to me that Lynda is 5'9½" and Gal is 5'10". Also, I love that Wonder Woman's body has always been and continues to be healthy and strong, not waifishly thin. This sends such a good message to young girls. God made us all different. Strong is beautiful.
2. Girl power. The director, Patty Jenkins, and three out of the four top billed actors are women. Also, the tenacity and grit that Wonder Woman demonstrates time and again is so inspiring for females of all ages and truly commands respect from the opposite sex. I was so happy to watch this movie with my 12-year-old daughter. I love that it reinforced to her that princesses can save themselves and others. I was so happy to watch this movie with my nine-year-old son. I love that he got the same message. I wish there were Asian representation in the film in addition to the myriad talented people behind the camera. Had I known there would be no Asian Americans among the Amazon women, I would have gladly offered my services.
3. Robin Wright. She's been one of my favorite actresses for a long time. From The Princess Bride to Forrest Gump, The Crossing Guard, Moll Flanders, and House of Cards, she's just such a versatile and mesmerizing actor. I thoroughly enjoyed watching her as a fierce Amazonian fighter.
4. The music. As Wonder Woman is kicking booty, she is doing it to a super cool soundtrack. "Wonder Woman's Wrath" can be heard in the official movie trailer and when Gal Gadot is in fierce warrior mode. I want it to play whenever I pick up the kids from school or load the dishwasher.
5. The action. Guns, spears, bows, and arrows... the fighting sequences were outstanding. The backdrop to the action scenes, filmed in Italy, was simply breathtaking. I'm already planning to see it again this weekend with my husband. He didn't get to attend the advance screening because he had to work. Now, I get to see it twice. Yay!
6. The costumes. From Diana Prince's new Wonder Woman costume with muted colors, shiny golds, and reflective silvers to the war era outfits, this movie is just saturated with style. The renovated superhero costume emerges in this film with such awe-inspiring power that it almost deserves its own credit at the end of the movie.
7. Chris Pine. I've never been a Pine Nut (a devoted Chris Pine fan), but I can see why he has so many fans. He's charming, brave, and funny in the role of pilot Steve Trevor. He and Gal Gadot definitely have good on-screen chemistry together. Sometimes chemistry, or lack thereof, determines the success or failure of a film.
8. The humor. The film is just fun to watch. It allows room for levity as well as drama. There are many situational and relational opportunities for comedy, and the actors took full advantage of it.
9. The subtleties. There are some hints of adult themes interspersed throughout the movie, but the dialogue and videography dances around it quite adequately. There was no need for a talk about the birds and the bees with our kids.
10. The cinematography. Wonder Woman seamlessly takes you to different worlds and time periods. The continuity is astounding considering the vast differences in scenery, action sequences, emotional scenes, and special effects.
Wonder Woman delivers in her own solo film.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of her in the upcoming Justice League movie, and hopefully more feature films of her own. It's about time.
Courage. Power. WONDER!
All the artwork on versions of Wonder Woman on Blu-ray never appealed to me. They were just ok. This art is regal and worthy of a Goddess. The film looks and sounds the best it can and includes the original Blu-ray as a bonus with a digital code. What really sold me was the great artwork on the Steelbook. The cover is a sideview of Wonder Woman's bracelet with a dark background. You don't have to see all of her to know how powerful she is. The back is classic with the shield from Themyscira (see photo). The inside is Diana with the Amazons. My only complaint is it should have included a 3D version of the film. If a film was released in theaters in 3D then it should be in the Blu-ray 4K set.
The movie is great up until the end. Her fight with Ares was great until she kills him. She kills him with the power of love and lighting from him. Out of all the ways she could have killed the bad guy the writers went with a lame themed Céline Dion song death. Wonder Woman should have had a Mortal Kombat themed death for Ares because she is an Amazon and trained to kill. They could have also ended the movie similar to the animated movie.
When one is disappointed with this Wonder Woman movie’s ending there is hope. The Wonder Woman animated movie is way better! The ending is better, as well.
Bestbuy is selling both animated movies with $8 off toward Wonder Woman 1984. Fans should get $8 off toward the new movie for the horrible ending of the first movie.
- Movie: I give it a 5 out of 10. It’s more of a rent & watch once than a keepsake title. Nothing that stands out. Engaging however. I’m not a fan of super hero movies & only made an exception due to 3D.
- Sound: 7.1 via DTS Neural:X up mix. Nothing to brag about.
- 3D: medium level.
No digital copy upgrade to 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision.
No 3D/4k combo.
No slipcover or steel case.
Gear used for sound & visuals:
LG 65’ C6P 4k/3D passive OLED (manually calibrated)
9.2 Onkyo RZ + pre amp for 7.2.4/11.2 (integrated calibrated then manually tweeted with SPL sound level meter & balance/adjust for full dynamic range)
Klipsch P-REF towers
& dual R112SW subs
Polk Audio MC80 8’ quad in-ceiling heights
Oppo 4K UDP-203
Monster cables: Premium Black Platinum HDR HDMIs, THX Audio RCA, Digital Subwoofer Cables & Fiber Optic Ultra 1000
Monoprice 14 gauge awg copper speaker wire
Nakamichi Speaker Plugs
Auralex Acoustic Isolation platforms
I have watched this movie I don't know how many times now.I didn't think it could be as good as Linda Carter the very first wonder women.
I did enjoy this one to.But said that she fell in love then lost her first lover.
I love this movie! An improvement in Batman v. Superman! Wonder Woman is such a strong heroine! The story is very compelling, and the settings are very engaging. The supporting cast is a little uneven, but quite memorable. I'd give this a shot.
No, don't buy the single disc version! The Bonus Disc is well worth the extra $4-$5.00!! I have both Wonder Woman One and WW1984 in Two-Disc each Special Edition DVD's. And I watched the WWOne Bonus Disc twice. It gives you valuable insight. But, especially valuable is: WW1984 Bonus Disc value cannot be overstated! I've watched different parts of it, FOUR times already! The interviews with Patty Jenkins Why, who, when, How, and What she made WW1984 is so necessary! AND the short interviews with GAL GODOT, Kristen Wiig, AND the Amazon Actors really helps you appreciate this film in so many other ways, too! Here are some of the contents of WW1984 bonus disc!
The Making of WW1984: Expanding the Wonder
Gak & Kristen: Friends forever
Small 10 year old (Young GalGodot WW) But Mighty!
Scene Study: THE OPEN ROAD (excellent, exceptional)
MEET THE AMAZONS (exceptional!)
Other Scene Studies (Not as detailed as THE OPEN ROAD above)
And a little more. The whole bonus disc has many parts that are excellent and exceptional! Suit to taste you!