Liven up the party with this Insignia™ NS-BK2TSS6 kegerator, which holds a 1/2 keg or 1/4 keg slim with a 2-tap system to ensure plenty of beer is available. After the night is over, convert to a beverage cooler with 2 wire shelves.
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.
If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Posted by: Tyler from: on
Don't get me wrong, it pours beer and looks nice but it’s not perfect. Below are some “First World” problems/comments/fixes
1. The instructions are absolutely awful and there are no videos online on how to assemble. Most of it is common sense but as to where or if a gasket is required who knows. I put a gasket where the beer and co2 lines attach to the keg. You will have lots of extra parts leftover.
2. I had no leaks in my beer and co2 lines but my friend did. Probably has to do with number 1. Before you tap your beer, open your co2 bottle and with a soapy water solution check for leaks. Tighten what you need to make it go away. If you don’t do this is will wake up the next day with a dry co2 tank and depending on #6 you could be really screwed.
3. The co2 regulator is the cheapest model you can buy. It doesn't tell you your input pressure (the pressure in your tank). This is important so you know if your co2 pressure is low and needs replacement. Since it is a single regulator, you can’t have two different beers that require different pressure on tap at the same time (well technically you can but they don’t play nicely together and you will not enjoy it.) What I recommend you upgrade to is a dual tap co2 regulator. They sell them at kegworks and amazon for about $95. They fit inside no problem, have individual shut offs, and work sooooo much better.
4. Although it states it doesn't fit miller and coors kegs, it does only if you get the non-rubber topped ones. The rubber is similar to a non-skid truck lining on top and makes it too tall to fit in your kegerator. I always bring a measuring tape with me to make sure.
5. You will get a lot of foam on your first pour and if there is a long wait between pours. This is because your beer lines that are in your dual tap tower are warmer and as the beer passes through you get significant foaming. Don’t worry! This is common on all types of tower kegs. This is how you fix it: a). Just keep pouring beer so the lines never get warm or b). buy a kegerator tower cooler off of amazon for about $50. Route it through your external co2 line and plug it in the wall. Works great.
6. Your 5 lb co2 tank ships empty. Start looking for places the fill co2. Some have a 1 week turnaround so you may want to buy another 5 lb tank on amazon and keep them cycling. Also don't be scammed when you fill it up. 99.99% of co2 is food safe co2, most companies market it as such just to increase the price.
7. This is a good kegerator if you get it for a good price. The good price will allow you to do some upgrades. I was able to get mine for $425 with free delivery due to a sale on appliances at Best Buy. I purchased it on father’s day. You can use a 20% off coupon and get a discount too.
8. This will not "save" you money on beer. If you don't believe me do the math. The only way you could possible save money is to buy full kegs, run only 1 tap, and only drink domestic beer. It more of a cool novelty and an easy way to make more friends.
60 out of 63 found this review helpful.
Nice tap for two beverages
Posted by: OgreMama from: Vancouver, WA. on
We've been pretty pleased with our 2-tap Kegerator. My husband is a hard cider drinker and I like beer, so 2-taps allows us to both have our favorite beverages ready to dispense. We found it relatively easy to assemble the hardware. It comes with an optional set of casters for the bottom, so you can wheel it around. The hoses and taps all look to be of good quality. It's nice that they provide a away to mount the CO2 tank on the outside as well as the inside of the fridge. The temp setting is a bit fussy to set and you'll need to provide your own thermometer. But once you figure out where to set the dial, it stays pretty close to that temp. TIP:// Have it shipped to the store for pick-up. It gets palletized for shipping. If shipped to your door, it does not and will likely show up damaged. Our friends had theirs shipped to their house and both times, it arrived with major shipping damage.
10 out of 11 found this review helpful.
Cheap and easy
Posted by: Beerman from: on
This is my most prized possession. Great for party's bbq's and get togethers. I read all reviews before purchasing and some were true and some were false. Temperature is very cold in high setting I bought a thermometer and highest setting is constant 27 degrees makes for a perfect beer. Nothing pleases me more then coming home to a perfectly cold beer to take off the edge. I did find a local shop that sold me longer beer lines to help with foaming issues. I recommend changing out to 7ft of line. After this adjustment and realizing the keg has to settle before pouring immediately out of your truck during transport has proven to solve all foaming issues. Great buy, crowd pleaser, always the topic of any get together. Best purchase I've made in the last five years.
8 out of 9 found this review helpful.
Kegs are more work than I thought
Posted by: Mike from: on
The product is great...double barrel draft action is great for my family and friends - but it is not less expensive than buying cases of beer. It takes upkeep...make sure you can find a CO2 supplier, order a beer line cleaner kit and make sure you can get the thin kegs in the brand you want...product is very good I love it but it's not plug and play...I mean plug and drink...
9 out of 11 found this review helpful.
Posted by: rrgeorge from: on
So far, I'm thrilled with this Kegorator. It's roomy, (can hold 3 homebrew corny kegs), and temperature appears to hold stable. The faucets appear to be quality Perlicks (or really good knockoffs, there is no branding on them).
7 out of 9 found this review helpful.
Posted by: BummedinKC from: on
Finely got some beer to use our kegerator. This is a wonderful product. The only issue we are having is that the beer is too foamy. From all the research I've done, the likely culprit is it needs a cooling tower. Basically, anything above the refrigerator portion, the beer in the line in the spicket is warm, so your first beer will come out foamy. After a few, the line and spicket get cold, so you won't get as much foam. My recommendation is buy or make a cooling tower when you buy the kegerator and install it when you are assembling your kegerator, thus hopefully preventing wasted beer because of foam.
3 out of 3 found this review helpful.
Great for the price!
Posted by: Drew from: on
Great kegarator gets very cold. Parts that come with kit are adequate but it is best if you upgrade the regulator and set up a dedicated second line for second keg.
3 out of 3 found this review helpful.
Posted by: Comfortablynumb from: on
Really enjoying this product, everything in description has performed as expected. Just keep psi between 10- 12 and you'll get a great consistent draw. Set my temperature at my preference and it's been rock solid. Very nice flash sale purchase
6 out of 8 found this review helpful.
Perfect for cold beer and multiple taps
Posted by: GoodForThePrice from: on
I was excited when I saw this kegerator on sale for $349 since it was about $200 less than every other option I had been looking at and it had duel taps. When the package arrived the box was severely damage and was scared to even open the item. The fridge had some damage to the side panel probably from a fork lift or during shipping. was hoping I could get some discount off. Since I thought it may be more of a hassle to return and since it was such a good deal - I decided to see how it works before determining if it needs to be returned. After a couple tweaks and realizing the door was bent during shipping I have the fridge holding at a steady 38 degrees. and it pours a nice cold IPA. Not sure about the other review as this version of the kegerator will definitely hold 2 - 1/6 Barrel Craft kegs or one full size keg with room to spare. For the price I got it at I am thinking I will be keeping this item as long as I don't have any other problems in next 30 days.
7 out of 10 found this review helpful.
Posted by: Codzy from: on
I do not understand all of the bad reviews for this unit. There is plenty of space to hold what the description says it can hold. It gets colder than you could ever want it. All the parts needed came with it. I'm glad this is the unit I chose and I have not had one negative experience with it.