Only at Best Buy Listen to your favorite playlists with these Epic Air wireless earbuds. The special earhook delivers a precise fit to prevent slipping during intense workouts, and the touch-and-tap controls let you skip forward or back as needed. These Epic Air wireless earbuds come with a convenient charging case for storage and transport.
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.
If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Some connection issues but some good news
Posted by: Boone from: on
I've been having some of the earbud to earbud connection problems also. I called JLab support to ask if I should get these replaced and what feedback they have been hearing. Support advised that the earbuds connect using RFC or RF(i forgot which one). Advisded wifi and metal will initially cause problems but the earbuds are smart learning and will adjust after a few uses. Support also went on to tell me he has had the EPIC airs for a while and had the same connection problems in the gym but after 3 or 4 uses he doesn't have connection issues anymore. Each use resulted in less cutouts. I believe this because the gym was the only place i had problems and not around the treadmills but around all the metal workout equip. Just thought I would share
14 out of 17 found this review helpful.
Been waiting for these
Posted by: BooksNElectronics from: on
Finally! I've been looking for totally wireless earbuds for a while - the battery life of everything out there was ridiculous (Some are = less than 2 hours, what?). And the fit was better than expected - I tried 3 different tip sizes in the box and liked the smaller ones.
Make sure you follow the instructions for pairing to your phone. I jumped the gun and didn't connect them correctly at first. Basically you connect to one earbud and then that earbud connects to the other. (I tried connecting both to my device when you actually only need one connected).
Overall in a just a few days I've done gym and housework with these and still on the original charge. Amazing!
10 out of 11 found this review helpful.
Finally. These things are awesome!
Posted by: garny29 from: on
These ear buds are awesome. No wires, easy to pair, very comfortable, sound great!
Out of the box, ready to go. Simple pairing set up, controls are very easy to use, sound is amazing! They are extremely comfortable, you hardly even realize you're wearing them! The battery life is incomparable to any other headphone I've ever used, these blow Beats out of the water! I finally had to charge the charging case (after 2+ weeks) and I use these things at the gym, doing yard work, while I'm at work, they've never died! The case can also charge other devices.
I haven't had any connection issues that I saw people talking about in the other reviews. I think the bluetooth connectivity is exceptional, the range is pretty impressive too.
I like that you can only use one if you want because they each have their own power button.
Overall, these are hands down the best ear buds I've ever owned and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a pair of actual wireless ear buds that are good for any type of activity.
11 out of 13 found this review helpful.
Disappointed in the JLab Epic Air
Posted by: TechieGuy from: on
I wanted to love this product so much. Prior to purchasing the JLab Epic Air, I read online reviews on Best Buy, also watched couple of YouTube videos. Finally, I wrote the company directly about the issues that were being reported. They told me, "Best Buy reviews are at a 3.7 which is far from poor. Also to that point, happy people rarely write a review because they got what they expected". With the reply from the company, I proceeded to order the product from Best Buy online. It was delivered on March 30, 2017. Now this is where I found myself reporting on issues...
Issues with the earbuds
1. Can take up to >15 seconds or more to connect to the phone's Bluetooth after you turn them on
2. Every time you turn on the earbuds they have problems with working without cutting off within the first minute of operation.
3. Poor connection between the two earbuds, there tend to be dropping in the connection between them.
4. Short Bluetooth Connection - after 10 feet start to experience break-out from the phone while playing music. Thus, unable to get that 30 feet away from device claim. There are no walls or drywall between the phone and the individual (in this case me) wearing the headphones.
5. Slight skip of music whenever I pick up the phone. Basically, this creates random drops with the earbuds.
6. The headphone keeps saying goodbye without indicating what is causing it to shutoff. Basically, it is shutting off by itself.
7. Stop streaming music while it shows Bluetooth is still connected. Normally have to turn off the headphones to reconnect again.
8. Unlocking your phone while music is playing produce slight skipping <2sec of headphones (you can hear it trying to reconnect to each other).
9. Sometimes increasing the volume generate a skipping (referencing to earbuds cutting in and out creating distortion in the sound) of the music being played on the earbuds.
10. Removing one of earbud from your ears tend to cause cutting out of the music being played. Note that this is not all the time, and is not as frequent as the other reported issues. The observation often time happens whenever the left earbud is removed and placed back into the ear.
11. Remove the right earbud sometimes lower the volume slight on the left (this is only temporarily, and it eventually returns to the right level).
12. Observed that the earbuds may cut out/in whenever the next song is about to start. This creates an annoyance since it degrades the experience of listening to the music.
13. Connecting the second earbud if the first was playing the announcement about "Earbud joins" is VERY loud in proportion to the music volume playing at the time.
14. Whenever you stop/pause a playing song, the Epic Air has “white” noise instead of going silent. Put another way, you can create slight background faded noise being generated by the earbuds.
15. Problem playing WhatsApp recording on the earbuds. It doesn’t play the recording without music being played in the background. If you press play for the WhatsApp recording message, the earbuds does not stream it automatically. So, you have to then press the pause/play directly on the earbuds and then you will hear the message being played over the music in the background.
Troubleshooting the device
Personally I've been doing several different troubleshooting activities with the device. See some of the items from the list below:
1. Unpaired the device, and restarting the pairing with different earbud being the main one
2. Change the main side of the earbud - R to L
3. Turning on the R earbud first before the L (in this case the L was the dominant one)
4. Placing the phone close proximity between the earbuds
5. Charge the case to 100% (all lights are shown)
6. Fully charged earbuds - message is that the earbuds are full which according to the manual means 100%
7. The Smartphone has no other Bluetooth devices connected to it. There is no Smartwatch connected to the phone.
8. Try turning off WiFi signal while operating the Bluetooth earbud headphones. Note this was only done as a way to isolate the above issues, however, I still had issues with them.
9. Disabled NFC on the phone to limit any form of interference (even though this isn’t practical, but did it anyway as a means of isolation)
10. Fully charge the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to 100% of battery
11. Connected the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to a power outlet during one the test experience
12. Restarted the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 after pairing the Epic Air
13. Closed all running apps with the exception of the music app that is required to play the songs for testing
14. Tried multiple music playing apps (i.e., Amazon Prime Music, TuneIn Radio, Spotify). Regardless of the music player, still had the issues as reported
I was using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with the latest OS and security patch.
It is important to know that I do like several things about the device, and wish to get a proper working model.
1. Light weight design
2. Comfortable fit, and fits securely in both ears
3. Great isolation of background noise (this is a super plus for enjoying the earbuds)
4. Lots of bass which produce richer sounding music
5. High volume, normally other wireless headphones are weak in this area
6. Single charge battery life of 7hrs (I would like to know the standby battery life though)
7. Carrying case with ability four full charges of the headphones
1. JLab Epic Air only allow to hear from one earbud during phone calls. This is not the best experience since it revert the call to monotone instead of producing digital quality
2. Extremely sensitive touch controls. Trouble placing earbuds into ears without play/skip controls being touched in accident
Bottom line, after calling JLab Support they told me couple of things. First, it should be expected to get skipping from the product. It was normal for the RF signal to cut out. Second, they were not able to validate all my issues, which may be related to Bluetooth or the RF signal used on the device. Finally, they told me that the device was out of stock as it relates to any type of replacement. They said if I wanted to send it back to them, then I would have to wait, since there wouldn't be one for replacement. In the end, my decision was to return the product to Best Buy.
Conclusion, I wanted to love this product so much. It offered a lot that I wanted from a total wireless device. However, in my observation, the delivery fall short. To hear someone from the company inform me that I should expect cut out and skips from the device was totally a disappointment in my mind.
16 out of 21 found this review helpful.
Posted by: ChubbyB from: on
I have been waiting for true wireless earbud for some time now. Saw these on JLabs site and have been waiting and waiting! Received my Best Buy notice that they were available and immediately ordered them. Picked them up this past Sunday, used them all day Sunday, Monday at work and then for a run Monday evening. While the sound quality is not excellent, it is sufficient for me. I am no audio geek so bass, treble and mids have no influence on my decision. I just want to hear the music. These buds are comfortable, secure and have worked flawlessly for me. When I run, indoors or out, I like to only wear one earbud so I can hear my surroundings with my other ear. These buds pair quickly enough that I have no issues switching which bud is paired as the main and using just that one when listening to my music. I have been as much as 25-30 yards from my phone at work and have not lost my connection! I have had none of the connectivity issues that others have mentioned. In my opinion, this is a great paid of true wireless buds!!
7 out of 7 found this review helpful.
Just buy it now!!
Posted by: Francis from: on
I would say...If you like to run, gym, yoga and cross fit, without tangle of wires...this is a must to have. Sound is great, sync right out of he box without issues. The charger? Best all around, since you can juice your iPhone or Android right out from the Charger unit. This is exactly what I was looking nice shape, great fit and really comfortable. There is no buffering or lags of music while using..my suggestion is BUY IT NOW!
12 out of 15 found this review helpful.
Everything I expected!
Posted by: Norman45 from: on
These things rock! They are perfect for being active, super comfy and stay where they’re supposed to. They sound really good for earbuds. No, they don’t have hi-end over-ear sound, but I wasn’t expecting that. I don’t understand all the negativity in some of these reviews but since they just came out, maybe they didn’t take the time to understand how to use them. One earbud connects through Bluetooth and the other pairs to the first. You can do either step with either earbud, but maybe they tried to connect both of them to their phones? The touch buttons are super easy to use too. No regrets here!
14 out of 19 found this review helpful.
Great headphones for sports
Posted by: Cocozurita from: on
I've had this head phones already for a week and I use them everywhere, they are so comfortable, I use them at the gym, car, even home sometimes. They are very light and is amazing not to have a cord hanging around, specially when you are doing activities, the charging case last a while and I can even charge my phone in there.. pretty Dope
9 out of 11 found this review helpful.
Posted by: BassistOf92 from: on
I have been keeping an eye on this product's site for about a month now, and was thrilled to see that it was available in Best Buy stores. I paid for it online and went to get it as soon as I got the email saying it was ready for pickup. The first thing I noticed about the product is how comfortable the earphones are. I started setting them up, making sure to follow the directions in the box precisely, and the connection to my iPhone 6s was a breeze. Occasionally, the earphones lost their connection, but only for a brief second once or twice (honestly, it may have been from me touching them). All in all, I'm very satisfied with these.
7 out of 9 found this review helpful.
If only they worked
Posted by: Unhappy from: on
I gave the second pair of these 48 hours and my experience follows. The first pair didn't work out of the box (left one was super quiet and right one was very loud).
They randomly stop playing music. This means I have to turn them off (each individually) then turn them back on making sure to turn on the one paired to my phone first to get music back.
Turning things off an on should be easy, but these seem to require the exact right amount of pressure to be applied for the exact right amount of time in order to activate the switch.
Commuting is basically disastrous. If I turn my head, the sound cuts out (so no checking the bike lanes before stepping into the street). The only fix to this I found was to hold my phone near my head (like carrying a boombox) in order to keep connection, but even this did not always work. While the phone was in my pocket, forget about it. If I changed the hand my umbrella was in, sound was gone.
The new set out of the box seemed to work ok so long as I was sitting at my desk and did not move too much. Of course movement caused sound to drop out. Within 12 hours of use the left ear bud's volume decreased to about half of that of the right. I was able to get the sound to equalize by going back through the turn off and turn on procedure. This worked to get another 12 hours out of these headphones, but thereafter I was having to restart them every hour or so to equalize sound.
The only pros I see to these are battery life and the microphone. If this was a BT headset for calls, it would be ok, but this is not the early twenty-teens, and I need headphones that do more than let me talk on the phone.