Get motivated for your daily workout with this SanDisk Clip Sport Plus wearable MP3 player. Bluetooth technology lets you connect wireless headsets, and the water-resistant design is ideal for outdoor use. Featuring a 16GB memory and built-in FM radio, this SanDisk Clip Sport Plus wearable Bluetooth MP3 player gives you a range of listening options.
Perfect for Your Workout
Posted by: ea1420 from: Kansas City on
I've been looking for an MP3 player that will connect with my Bluetooth headphones, as wired headphones drive me crazy when running. This was the perfect solution at a great price. I had no problem's transferring over my playlists from iTunes, and I was thrilled when discovered that I could also transfer over my podcasts.
Bluetooth headphones (which are not provided with player) connect easily and so far the connection seems stable.
The sound quality isn't great, and I don't know how well it will manage over the long-term, but for $60 I don't expect top-notch sound. And this is by far the best option for a small MP3 player that provides multiple options. The player is about twice the size of a iPod shuffle, and is heavier, but it also comes with a clip as well.
44 out of 50 found this review helpful.
Great but not that great
Posted by: mrediddle from: on
For a lightweight bluetooth enabled clip on device under $60 it's not bad. What it misses from it's earlier variants are the microsd card slot. 16GB is a nice size built in but I have a massive mp3 collection (400+ GB) and at some point in this small capacity player the tunes are going to get repetitive. I also noticed the splash proof buttons on the face of the unit are periodically non-responsive. The player boasts a 20+ hour battery life, but while running the bluetooth it is more like 4-5 hours which is adequate for a workout, but not for a full 8 hour work shift. The deal breaker for me in this unit wasn't the storage capacity, it was the bluetooth reception. I paired them with several models of headphones and speakers and with every one of them the range is awful. Most bluetooth devices will allow 30 feet between the two communicating devices...not this one. I noticed drops at 15 feet and complete unpairing at 20 feet. Also, the player must be worn on the same side of the body that the headphone receiver is on because it constantly drops the signal if not. Does not work well inside a pocket or bag either.
38 out of 47 found this review helpful.
Works great for what I need it
Posted by: AlexN from: on
This little guy is not for everyone. If you don't care about cons, then you will have a hard time finding a better MP3 player.
* No expandable storage. Although 16GB is plenty for me. Not that hard to refresh the whole library every once in a while
* Battery life is not great in Bluetooth mode (6-7 hours)
* Integrated clip is mostly plastic and will likely break if you are not careful.
* Appears to be older Bluetooth version (under v4), which is probably the reason for the issue above. Need confirmation.
* A little expensive, considering that you can buy smartphone for the same price. On the other hand it will definitely last 5+ years.
* Battery is not replaceable, but I'm sure it can be replaced with some tinkering.
* Probably will never work with rockbox
* Does not have carrying case. Just use an old case for glasses.
* Drag and drop to add music. No bull**** requiring special software or syncing.
* Convenient size. It might seem a little big (1.5" long) but that is the price for ruggedness and screen.
* Solid build. Does not feel cheap and built like a tank that will survive anything you throw at it. Plastic cover around screen is curved to handle more pressure.
* Has a reasonably sized screen. Low resolution, but you are not buying it to watch videos.
* Skip songs with a single button press, even when screen goes off.
* Water resistant IPX5. Could be better, but not planning to swim with it.
* Decent menu and controls. Had to show my retired mother how to use it only twice, which is quite an achievement ;)
* FM radio is a nice bonus. You'll be surprised how many radio stations out there and how fun they can be.
* Came with a set of flat cable headphones. Not that good quality but great for a backup.
* Has stop watch and timer that can be saved
* Latest firmware has Audible (.aax) support
There is also a pretty big manual available, which has more info about locking screen and other features.
21 out of 24 found this review helpful.
Posted by: Gertiegourmet from: on
I purchased this thru Best Buy for my 11 y/o for Christmas. I will be getting me one now too. This little thing is beyond my expectations! Extremely easy to use, incredibly easy to download songs (I use iTunes)- I'm saying as soon as I drag an album off of iTunes and drop into playlist BAM! it's instantly loaded! The FM radio is crystal clear inside my home, any channel I select (and I live in a ruralesque area). The weight is almost nonexistent-I can clip it to my collar and you barely can tell it's there. My daughter has been using it riding her bike and roller skating with no glitch-using her wireless headphones!! absolutely beats using an iPod or cell phone hands down!! I CANNOT wait til mine gets here!!
12 out of 12 found this review helpful.
I purchased sandisk products
Posted by: AHayen from: on
I purchased the new sandisk mp3 player wow for its size very very powerful. Planing to buy one you have noting to lose. Buy it play it and enjoy it.
13 out of 18 found this review helpful.
Horrible product. Would not recommend.
Posted by: Joseph from: on
I wanted a simple
Blue tooth enabled media player for the gym. This was cheap so I figured why not. Long story short--device stopped communicating with my MacBook entirely after 2 works of moderate use. Secondly, the user interface is primitive. The blue tooth signal is also finicky. I ended up returning it and buying an iPod nano.
7 out of 8 found this review helpful.
Great MP3 player for the price
Posted by: Lauren from: on
I really like that not only is it an MP3 player but it's also a radio. It loaded up my songs fast and easy and seems to work well.
10 out of 15 found this review helpful.
Terrible. It Does Not download books!!
Posted by: Lynda from: on
I bought this MP3 player specifically for downloading books,not music. I checked with the Sandisk web site and talked to Best Buy folks all who said downloading books from the library would work. It does NOT work!
Downloaded books are placed under FOLDERS not BOOKS and even if I force them over by dragging them from Folders to Books, they do none of the things in the manual pause and come back to where you left off in the book, no bookmarking the spot. When you leave the book and go to Music or radio and then back to the book you have to start at the beginning of the book. No .position file is established under Folders/Root as stated in the manual. I did go to the store when I first got it as a Christmas gift but got little help. I'm actually going to my local Best Buy tomorrow to see what they can do. I'm very unhappy!!!
5 out of 7 found this review helpful.
Compact Bluetooth player for my bedroom speakers
Posted by: ffloyd from: on
My bedroom ceiling star laser setup needed some lush ambient music to fall asleep to and I bought the SanDisk Sports Clip Plus to play the melodious tunes I had recorded. The player was small, easy to use and plays right through my Blutooth speakers in each corner of the bedroom. Perfect way to fall asleep - looking at the stars and listening to the ethereal sounds of deep space.
5 out of 7 found this review helpful.
Not Supported By Audible
Posted by: lomarican from: on
Checked with Audible before purchasing this MP3 player and the representative said that it was supported. However, having spent the last 30 minutes with technical support, I can state with all certainty, Audible books are NOT supported. Since this is the sole reason I purchased this player, I am very disappointed.