- SKU: 8509839
- Release Date: 10/16/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New digital transfer and immaculately refurbished soundtrack from restored picture elements and original Vitaphone-Sound-on-Disc recordings
- Commentary by Ron Hutchinson, founder of The Vitaphone Projects and Nighthawks bandleader Vince Giordano
- Vintage Al Jolson shorts, radio show adaptation and movie trailer gallery
- Classic homage cartoon "I Love to Singa"
- New feature-length documentary The Dawn of Sound: How the Movies Learned to Talk
- Surviving sound excerpts from 1929's Gold Diggers of Broadway
- Studio shorts from or celebrating the early sound era
- Over 3¿ hours worth of rare, historic Vitaphone comedy and music shorts starring the greats of vaudeville and the early sound era, many recently recoved and restored after being thought lost forever
- 10 behind-the-scenes photo cards
- 12-page Vitaphone program
- 20-page souvenir program
- 4-page theater herald
- 16-page book with vintage document reproductions and DVD features guide
- Post-premiere telegram from Al Jolson and Jack Warner
Cast & Crew
- Violet Bird - Cast
- William Walling - Doctor
- Jane Arden - Cast
- Eugénie Besserer - Sara Rabinowitz
- Nat Carr - Levi