Safety and In-Home Service
Safety is our top priority when we visit your home.
For those entering your home for a consultation or installation, we utilize safety protocols based on state and federal health authorities’ recommendations.
Before your in-home service.
We'll call you before we visit.
Before we come to your home, we'll call you at least 24 hours in advance. During this call, we will:
If you're ill or quarantined, or if you don't want to continue with the appointment, we can either reschedule or arrange for doorstep delivery.
To check the status of your appointment, please go to our In-Home Appointment Manager.
How we prepare before your visit.
During your in-home service.
Before the work starts.
- We'll keep a 6-foot distance from you as we enter (and for the remainder of our visit).
- We'll go over the work with you and explain our safety measures that were discussed on the call before our visit.
How we keep things safe during the work.
- We'll prepare a workspace by marking a perimeter that gives us enough room to work in, and that provides a safe amount of distance from you and your family.
- We'll clean and disinfect all surfaces we'll be touching. We'll also follow manufacturer guidelines and use the correct material to safely clean your product.
- After the work is complete, we'll provide a demo of your product, with you watching at a safe distance.
- We'll once again clean any surfaces we came into contact with.
To comply with state and local requirements, in-home service is limited in these areas:
|State||Area||In-Home Service Options|
|No current service restrictions.|