Best Buy Return and Exchange
The original receipt, gift receipt or packing slip is required for all returns and exchanges. If returning or exchanging an item in a Best Buy store, a valid photo ID is also required.
Return & Exchange Period
- 15 days for all eligible products
- 30 days for eligible products for My Best Buy™ Elite members
- 45 days for eligible products for My Best Buy™ Elite Plus members
Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return or exchange.
Extended Holiday Returns
Gift purchases made between November 3, 2013, and December 31, 2013, qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 15, 2014.
EXTENDED HOLIDAY RETURNS: Gift purchases made between November 3, 2013 and December 31, 2013 qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 15, 2014. Terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to "non-returnable items" and "photo identification required") apply. Carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third party service providers (e.g., DirecTV contracts) do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Geek Squad® Protection/Trade-In Plus plans returned after 30 days from date of purchase will be refunded at a pro-rated amount. No restocking fees.
- Labor, delivery and/or completed Geek Squad® installation services
- Some prepaid cards, digital subscriptions or services
- Consumable items such as food, drinks and batteries
- Ink/Toner cartridges that have had their factory sealed packaging opened
- Items that are damaged or abused
- Items that are missing accessories such as remote controls, cords and cables
- Etched or otherwise personalized items
- Opened computer software, movies, music and video games can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund
- Downloadable digital content (such as games and movies)
- Microphones, harmonicas and similar products
- Marketplace items
- Non-defective special orders
- Return and exchange shipments from outside the country
Marketplace items cannot be returned to Best Buy. They must be returned to the Marketplace Seller.
Returns in Store
Avoid shipping charges and receive a refund more quickly by returning your items to any Best Buy store within the United States.
- Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories
- Bring your receipt or packing slip and a valid photo ID. We accept these forms of identification:
- US, Canadian or Mexican driver's license
- US state-issued ID
- Canadian province-issued ID
- Matricula Consular
- US military-issued ID
- US Laser Visa
- US Permanent Resident Card
Returns by Mail
You can also return online purchases through the mail so long as it is shipped to us from within the United States of America. To return your online purchase by mail:
- Pack your return in the original shipping package, if possible.
- Include the packing slip and return label, and indicate the reason for the return.
- Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories.
- Send your return to:
BestBuy.com Return Center
14405 County Road 212
Findlay, OH 45840
For proof of delivery, we recommend that you return items via UPS or insured USPS. Best Buy does not accept international return and exchange shipments.
For online purchases:
Refunds will be credited to the original credit card or PayPal account. Any amounts deducted from a gift card will be credited to the gift card.
For in-store purchases:
Your refund will generally be in the same form as the original purchase. However, when the item was paid for with cash or debit card without a major credit card logo in an amount greater than $600, or paid for by check in an amount greater than $250, the refund will be in the form of a check mailed within 10 business days of the return. Any amounts deducted from a gift card will be credited to the gift card used.
Promotional Items and Bundles
When a promotional item is returned, the value of the promotional item will be deducted from the refund amount. For example, if you buy a TV that includes a free Blu-ray player, the total value of the Blu-ray player will be deducted from the refund if the Blu-ray player is not returned with the TV.
When a bundle is purchased and only part of the bundle is returned, the bundle discount is void, and the total bundle discount will be deducted from the refund. For example, if you receive $200 in savings when you purchase a laptop and printer together and you return either item, the $200 bundle savings will be subtracted from your refund.
Returning Mobile Phones & Devices with Plans
When returning a mobile phone or device with a plan, you are responsible for ensuring that your service is canceled with the carrier. If you don't cancel your service, you may incur additional charges from your carrier. All carrier charges are your responsibility.
There are two ways to return your phone or device and cancel your service:
- Return your device to a Best Buy store. Be sure to tell the store associate that you want to cancel your service. Carrier service cancellation policies may vary.
- Call Best Buy Mobile at 1-877-702-2211 (6 a.m. to midnight, CT) for instructions on how to return the device by mail. Tell the phone associate that you want to cancel your service.
When you return or exchange an item in store, we may require a valid photo ID. Except where prohibited, some of the information from your ID may be stored in a secure database used to track returns and exchanges. Based on return/exchange patterns, some customers will be warned that subsequent returns and exchanges will not be eligible for returns or exchanges for 90 days. Customers who are warned or have been denied an exchange/return may request a copy of their Return Activity Report by calling 1-800-652-2331 or by mail at P.O. Box 51373, Irvine, CA 92619-1373. Please be prepared to provide your transaction ID, ID number, full name, address and phone number.
Valid forms of ID accepted are: US, Canadian or Mexican Driver's License, US State ID, Canadian Province ID, Matricula Consular, US Military ID, Passport, US Laser Visa, or US Permanent Resident Card.
Effective Date: October 20, 2013
For members enrolled prior to 9/16/2013, My Best Buy program terms are effective 11/1/2013. For new members, program terms are effective upon enrollment.
Still have questions? See Return & Exchange FAQs >