Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes this have a broil feature? (2 Answers)Answers
Hello Jack - this is Nancy at GE Appliances and I am happy to help you. This unit does not specifically have a boil setting; however, the closest setting would be the Convection Baking or the Convection Roasting because these settings use the circulating heated air to brown and seal in the flavor. I hope this helps! Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionDoes it have to be vented through a duct to the outside? (2 Answers)Answers
- Questiondoes this unit vent to the front or out of the top? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this convection/microwave have a fuse that would shut it off in case of a power surge? (1 Answer)Answers
Hi-this is Sue from GE Appliances. All GE microwaves have a varistor that protects the control system from powerline surges. There is no need to add an additional surge protector to the line unless you just prefer to do so, or unless the you live in an area where heavy thunderstorms and lightning are common. Thanks for checking with us!
- Questionfan (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionBaked Potato Cooking (2 Answers)Answers
Hi cookin_dad-this is Sue from GE. Thanks for your interest! We are happy to help. Choose the Auto Cook feature. This sensor feature detects the increasing humidity released during cooking. The oven automatically adjusts the cooking time to various types and amounts of food. Press the Auto Cook button, turn the dial to the desired food type (potato 1-4), press to enter. See the owner's manual for complete details and additional food types- http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-40680-4.pdf. Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionWhat is the maximum baking temperature this unit goes up to? (1 Answer)Answers
Hi Maximus- This is Sue at GE Appliances. It's exciting to hear of your interest in our Profile Series Convection/Microwave! Baking or roasting uses a heating element to raise the temperature of the air inside the oven. Any oven temperature from 225°F to 425°F may be set. A fan gently circulates this heated air throughout the oven, over and around the food, producing golden brown exteriors and rich, moist interiors. Thanks for checking with us!
- Questionoutside venting only as the speck sheet states ? (1 Answer)
The spec sheets state outside venting, the sales man says it is convertible, can I safely buy this unit for inside venting? I really like the unit, but do not want to have it delivered, and find out it cannot be internally vented.Answers
Hi juno- This is Sue at GE Appliances. Yes, the microwave can be converted to indoor venting. The charcoal filter necessary is included. The over-the-range microwave ovens are designed for adaptation to the following three types of ventilation: *Outside exhaust (horizontal), *Outside exhaust (vertical),*Recirculating (non-vented). Thanks for checking with us!
- Questionafter 15 years my Spacemaker died, will my new profile,(slight difference in height) fit on the same bracket? (1 Answer)Answers
Hello judie - this is Nancy at GE Appliances and I am happy to help you. We're sorry to hear that your Spacemaker over-the-range microwave died, but we are glad to know that you received 15 years of service from your microwave. The good news is that the new microwaves are designed to work in the same cabinet space, even though the dimensions may be slightly different. You will, however, need to use the new mounting bracket and hardware as they have changed over the years and are not interchangeable. I hope this helps! Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionWhat is the top CFM on the exhaust fan? (1 Answer)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions