Theragun Mini (PRODUCT)RED Portable treatment packed with power. Theragun quality, anytime, anywhere. Theragun Mini is your pocket-sized partner, giving you Theragun quality deep muscle massage treatment with unparalleled portability. Compact but powerful, Theragun Mini is the most agile massage device that goes wherever you do. When you purchase a (PRODUCT)RED Theragun, 2% of the purchase price will be donated by Theragun to the Global Fund to support the COVID-19 Response and support critical HIV/AIDS programs.
Unrivaled Power. Remarkably Quiet™.
Proprietary brushless motor with QuietForce Technology™ delivers renowned Theragun power.
The mini is built for portability and fits in the palm of your hand and weighs less than 1.5lbs.
With 3 speed options, the mini gives you the ability to customize treatments on the go.
Proprietary brushless motor with QuietForce Technology
3 speeds (1750, 2100, 2400 PPMs)
Internal lithium-ion battery (150 minutes)
Theragun Mini Handheld Percussive Massage Device
1 easy-to-clean closed-cell-foam attachments
Standard Ball - Perfect for overall use on large and small muscle groups.
Theragun mini Handheld Percussive Massage Device (Latest Model) with Travel Case
Looks like there aren't enough negative mentions yet.
would recommend to a friend
Page 1 Showing 1-8 of 639 reviews
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Great First Percussive Massager
I’ve never owned a product like the Theragun Mini – but now I don’t see how I can live without one. The build quality is exquisite – a soft touch finish, weighty, and sturdy. The shape and design are easy in the hand and generally easy to wield.
I was worried about how loud the unit would be, so I first tested it out with the door closed in the middle of the day. Family reported not even hearing anything. I used it in the evening with a sleeping toddler just down the hallway – no problem! It’s not silent, but it’s much quieter than I expected. People in the same room would notice it on, but in the next room with background noise, probably not.
The first time I used it on some sore muscles were a little startling. Moving it across the back, the feeling quickly shifted from jarring to a very calming deep muscle massage. I’ve always enjoyed deep tissue massages and this fell into a similar realm of therapy, strangely with seemingly less discomfort.
I wouldn’t call myself an athlete or an expert in percussive therapy. However, as a dad and full-time employee – my daily aches and pains have never melted away so fast.
Keys check, cell phone check, wallet check, Theragun Mini check! If you suffer any muscle or back pain, it will become that essential! The Theragun G3 was my first Theragun and I was a believer after my first use. The Mini now gives me the ability to easily travel with my Theragun and have relief anytime. I like to mountain bike and my ambitions of how far I can go in my mind, are further than my body and muscles want to! I had an experience with muscle cramping from riding to far on a hot day, the mini would have been a lifesaver If I had it at the time.
The Mini comes with a nice travel pouch, one attachment and works with all the attachments from my G3. The Mini, just like my G3 feels very well made. The mini has 3 speed settings and low is perfect for doing your neck. The G3 only has 2 speeds and even the lowest speed could be a little to hard for some people when doing sensitive areas. The Mini is considerably quieter than my G3, but still has the power to loosen you up.
The Theragun Mini gives you piece of mind that no matter where you are or what you’re doing, you always have muscle or back pain relief at your reach!
I was debating about getting this or the full size Theragun for 100 bucks more. Honestly, I don’t see why anyone would need something more than this. It’s so well built and feels great on sore muscles. My friends and neighbors are addicted to stopping by to use it. Very happy with the purchase.
Best purchase I’ve ever made. I had pain in my elbow and forearm for months. 5 min or using the theragun mini on it , and the pain went away. Now I use it on my sore muscles after working out or just on my sore feet. Worth every penny
The Theragun mini is a great option for a powerful massage but still portable almost everywhere. I have not personally used a full size or “regular” theragun but based on the pictures, the mini does look decently smaller and a lot more compact. I think this mini option is a good choice for someone who has a theragun already but wants one smaller they can toss in their gym bag etc, or someone who does not own a theragun already but wants to try out a smaller, less expensive version first before spending more for a much higher price tag version. For me, I am the latter. I have heard about the theragun but was not sure if it would be right for me but a mini version seemed like a good way to test it out and I was definitely impressed.
The Mini does not come with extra attachments, (but they still work if you have them or buy separately) but it does have a standard round edge that seems to work for my basic needs right now. It also comes with a carrying pouch which is soft and really nice to make sure it stays protected if it’s tossing around in your bag or car or wherever, and it comes with a charging cable. Pretty standard stuff there, maybe one other attachment included would have been nice but when they’re trying to offer a budget friendly version, I understand some corners need to be cut. And if you’re simply adding this to your collection of theragun products then you likely have the attachments already. Otherwise, that’s about it as far as what is in the box.
So how well does it work? I was actually pleasantly surprised how well this Mini version works. I’ve had other massagers and they all seem about the same, never able to get deep enough and don’t help for a very long time. I’ve had the mini for about a week now and have been using it on two problem areas almost every day that I have been having a lot of tension and knots in. One is around my neck and shoulders from looking at phone screens too long and slouching, and the other is around my hips from an uncomfortable bed. Both areas have been feeling much better lately and less tight overall. It’s not like it’s going to be some magical cure, but it does provide temporary relief while I work on getting a better bed and not looking down at my phone so much.
I also do a fair amount of exercise and workouts during the average week and that’s the other place this little guy shines. Right now with the current spread of coronavirus I’ve been doing workouts at home obviously but once I can get back to the gym I will make sure this is in my bag. I like to use it before a workout to help loosen up any areas that I’ll be focusing on and then again after the workout which seems to help prevent sore muscles the next day as well. If you do a lot of exercise or have any sore areas, this is a great way to relax the muscles and loosen up knots.
There’s 3 speeds on the mini, I believe the full size versions have more with more features (and higher price tag) but I found the 3 speeds to be a good variety for what I need. The lower speed is better around bone or my neck where you’ll be more sensitive and the higher speeds can really dig into my deep tissue areas that need more power.
The battery life is really surprising for the small size of the Mini too. Theragun website says it’s 150 minutes of run time which I have not tested with a stopwatch but it definitely lasts a really long time. I’ve been using it a few times a day at all 3 speeds and after almost 7 days it’s just now showing a low battery and I'll need to charge it again. There’s no screen on the mini but it does have a LED light that indicates the battery status. Green/Blue/Red for full, medium and low respectfully. You can also just tap the power button while the device is off to see what the battery level is and while it is operating the LED will light to the appropriate color.
One thing that comes with a good battery and powerful motor is weight. I have noticed it can be pretty heavy in your hand when you’re trying to work the opposite arm. I found myself massaging my left shoulder/arm while holding it with my right hand and then switching to holding with my left arm to work my right arm because the right was getting sore from holding the theragun, and back and forth it went. But like most massage related products, it works better with two people. If you have someone else who can assist you, you’ll be a lot more relaxed and able to reach your back and shoulders without stressing your opposite arm.
The noise of the mini is really low as well. Even at high speed it’s not much louder than talking. I was able to use it and watch tv or talk to my wife without having an issue hearing, even when it was right up close to my ear. I mean, it’s not going to be silent, but the idea that they got it to not be annoyingly loud while still running a motor inside is pretty cool.
Overall, I do feel the theragun mini is a great option for anyone who needs a good, reliable, and portable massager for deep knots and sore muscles. It’s a must for any gym bag.
- Small, portable design; Take it anywhere!!
- Soft carrying pouch
- Very quiet operating levels
- 3 speeds
- LONG battery life with LED indicator
- Short charging time
- Relatively lightweight
- A little heavy for holding a long time in some places
- Matte black finish shows “scuffs” and oils easily
I did not know what to expect when I chose this Theragun Mini by Therabody to review in exchange for the actual product. It turned out to be one of the wisest choices I ever made. I suffer from earlier construction-related injuries to my neck, shoulders, and back. My wife endures severe muscle and joint pain from Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. We both have used prescription creams, rubs, and ointments for relief. All offer short-lived, and welcomed comfort, but are limited in muscle-pain alleviation and are expensive to use.
We have never considered a 'Massage-Device' similar to the Theragun Mini, because we thought it was probably too painful to endure this kind of pulsating massage technique. Since we are both elderly we now realize “older dogs can learn new tricks”. When I received this Theragun Mini I thought to myself while unboxing this device - it was one ugly, clumsy-looking, massage instrument. Oh', how wrong I was.
So, what do we think of this Theragun Mini after using it daily for over a week, and why would we recommend it to other folks with muscle pains for an alternative relief to prescription creams, ointments, and pain relievers?
* EFFECTIVENESS – Simply stated, this rascal works beyond my/our expectations! It is amazing the way its pulsating percussion attachments relieves our muscle pains, and makes for a HAPPY Grandma and Grandpa. The included standard ball is meant for most massage applications and targets percussive therapy treatment while still allowing for broad use on small and large muscle groups. I use this Theragun Mini, with the standard included ball, at its highest setting for my knees. The included 'standard ball' is appropriate for most massage applications, and, the speed intensity of the pulses can easily be changed to customize our comfort-relief preferences. We ordered and received the 'Thumb' and 'Dampener' attachments to enhance our therapeutic, massage benefits (see pics). The 'Thumb' accessory is terrific for more intense muscle massage areas like on my shoulders. And, the larger 'Dampener' attachment is outstanding for use on more sensitive areas like my wife's neck and lower back. WooHoo! The attachment accessories are inexpensive, effective, and expands the massage-effectiveness of this Theragun Mini.
* OPERATION - There is a simplistic 'Learning-Curve' to its operation, tailored to my/your own personal use. Once I read the included and uncomplicated instructions, I charged the on-board, Lithium-Ion Battery, and was ready to use this baby when the flashing light turned Solid Green (after 30 minutes), and 80 minutes from a deleted charge. It has a multi-functional, LED, power/speed button on the right side of the device. When the Theragun Mini button is depressed it automatically engages the lowest massage speed of 1750 PPM and turns the unit ON. I can keep the ON/OFF button depressed to engage the 2100, or 2400 PPM speeds, accordingly. An LED light on the Right-Hand of the ON/OFF power switch will indicate the appropriate massage speeds, 1750, 2100, or 2400 Pulses Per Minute (PPM). Keeping the button depressed for several seconds will shut the unit down.
* BUILD – This clunky-looking unit is so ergonomic and lightweight to hold while using, it is pleasantly surprising! It weighs approximately 1.2 pounds. This triangular-shaped massager is covered with a non-slip material, which enables a firm grip in hard-to-reach and more difficult areas of my body. I have arthritis, yet, can maneuver this massager effortlessly without any stress on my wrists or hands. It is cleverly designed to be ergonomic and runs fairly quiet while providing various speeds of pain-relieving rapid percussion. It is not noisy, but the higher your selected, percussion speed the more its operation is noticed. However, it is entirely overshadowed by its welcomed muscle relief. How cool is that?
BATTERY LIFE – One of the most impressive features of this Theragun Mini is its long battery life. At present my wife and I share this unit and we both use it intermittently the entire day. At 150 minutes of use, on full charge, it has lasted us three days before recharging. We found that it takes approximately an hour and 15 minutes to completely recharge. Be aware this unit has a proprietary charger. Battery level on the mini is indicated with the following colors:
Flashing red: Low charge
Flashing blue: Half-way charged
Flashing green: High charge
Solid green: Fully charged
* TRAVEL - I travel a lot as a Consultant for Construction Inspections, which requires me to climb ladders, multi-story roofs, scaffolds, and crawl through confined spaces while trekking through, and, over construction debris. After work in the privacy of my motel room the percussion therapy provided by this Theragun Mini is amazing. It allows me comforting, muscle, pain relief while I am on the road. A handy soft travel pouch is included, which will hold the Mini unit with the standard ball attachment. This Theragun Mini was designed to be portable and actually enables me to do my job much more effectively. YooHoo!
* ACCESORIES – All of the standard accessories offered by Therabody fit the Theragun Mini. It is worth looking into the various options of attachments if you are serious about percussion, muscle pain relief. I am pleased that I did.
* CONS – The only one I have is relatively minor – The provided, soft, travel case does not have the additional room to hold the proprietary charger, or any additional attachments. It only holds the basic Theragun Mini and standard ball. I will pack those items separately in my backpack when I go on the road.
* SUMMARY – I highly recommend this Theragun Mini by Therabody as an inexpensive, but thoroughly effective, portable, percussion, massage device. It is compact, but powerful in delivering soothing, muscle, pain relief. Love It! This makes an excellent gift to any loved one, family member, or friend, who suffers nagging, muscle pain.
I’m always on the lookout for pain relieving devices due Osteoarthritis, “and getting old :O “and just wear and tear on the body. My wife also needs some help with a sore back as she is constantly lifting heavy items “for her” are her job. I saw that Theragun had the new Mini model out and wanted to give it a try as it’s more portable and doesn’t cost as much as other units.
Unboxing and First thoughts:
The Mini came in a nice Theragun logoed box and inside it was a zippered neoprene case with the Mini inside, “nice they are including a quality case with it”, a charger, guide, warranty information and a Theragun sticker.
I was really surprised at the weight of the unit and size. It’s not very big but it feels very robust and has a good bit of weight to it “feels like a quality product”. The end attachment is the “regular” sized attachment and is already installed on the device. I went ahead and plugged it in and let it charge up before the first use. Next to the power button there are three small LEDs that indicate the power setting “there are three”, and a quick tap of the power button cycles through these. The power plug has a standard power barrel type tip on it and you’ll have to keep this around to charge it up.
The outside of the device is coated with a rubbery type surface and that makes it very easy to hold on to. The shape is about perfect to grab onto and hold without slipping. Neither of us have a problem holding onto it.
Now with all the social distancing that’s been going on I haven’t gone to a chiropractor here lately and have notice my neck and back were giving me some issues. While I do have other massage devices, mainly a chair insert “that has worked really well over the years”, it just does Swedish type massage nothing really deep like the devices my chiropractor uses.
There’s a power button on the side of the device and you press/hold for just a second to turn it on, do the same to turn it off and it starts right in. I was surprised just how much power this had and running it over my neck felt great “just like the device my chiro used”. The low setting is pretty powerful and going up to level 2 and 3 it surprisingly beat the heck out of you “in a good way”. I did find that level 2 was pretty much my preferred setting, 2 being a little too slow, and more hammer type, and three just a little too much vibration in there.
I ran the device over my neck, shoulders and then had my wife run it over my back, and the first time using this everything was a little sensitive to it so she didn’t do it long. But after waiting an hour I felt great and wanted to do some more so I went at it again. I’ve noticed now that after using it a couple days the sensitivity to it is less and my back and neck pain are so much better “truly amazing, “should have had one of these years ago”.
My wife wanted me to run over her shoulders as she was pretty sore from lifting heavy items at work and loved it. She said it helped the stiffness right away and couldn’t believe the difference “especially the next morning”. She also had me try it on her feet, from standing all day they were sore. I used it on the soles of her feet and she was overjoyed how well this works for taking out the stiff/sore feeling.
We are both so impressed with the Mini that it will be getting some heavy use for as long as it lasts. I would say that it’s as good as the machine my chiro used and with this one being a portable unit I can use it anywhere I want without being tied to an electrical outlet “only when charging”.
I did notice though that you can overdo it, and I was pretty sore the next day after going over my neck quite a few times the first day. That’s only taken a day to resolve and I’m back to using it regularly. This has also helped immensely for my sleep and I don’t wake up nearly as stiff as I usually do, “my wife has the same comments”.
As for noise, this is quiet enough to where you won’t disturb anyone, “could even use it in an office setting”. I do happen to have an Extech professional sound meter and took some readings. The room I was in was at 37.6db for the base “very quiet”. From 18” away I read 47.3db on low, 48.6db on medium and 52.6db on high. Then I moved 6’ away and the meter read 45.1db low, 46.5db on medium and 51.4db on high. The high setting is about the equivalent to a refrigerator running up close so across a room more than 6’ away the sound shouldn’t bother anyone. The sound it generates is more of a low pitch sound too “reminds me of my wife’s sewing machine” and it’s not a high pitched irritating sound at all.
We both really love this device and hope it give us many years of use. If you have ever been to a chiropractor or physical therapist and have had them use one of those percussion machines on you then you’ll know what this is like. It really helped with our aches and pains and hopefully it will do the same for you too. The company also has different attachments and we will be ordering some of them to try out. Some for larger areas and less impact and others for fingertip / thumb sized high pressure points.
We never had an issue with running out of power, and it’s close to the manufacturers claim of 150 minutes “we never timed it but it lasted a long time before needing a charge”.