Questions & Answers
- Answer Hello, You can adjust it with the Google Home App.
QuestionSince these are dimmable will that feature work if installed in a regular, non-dimmable, lamp?
- Answer Thanks for reaching out! These bulbs are dimmable through the app so they will work even in non dimmable lamps or fixtures. If you have any additional question you can always contact us at 1-844-302-2943. -C by GE Support
- Answer Unfortunately, it is not recommended to place the bulbs in a fully enclosed fixture. The bulbs need the air circulation to keep them from overheating as well as some materials can interfere with the bluetooth reception of the bulbs.
QuestionWill these work with a Z-Wave hub? Specifically the Qolsys Panel 2. I'm only finding zigbee bulbs and I apparently need z-wave.
- Answer Hi Kris thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately these bulbs do not work with Z wave hubs. If you have any further questions we can be reached at 1-844-302-2943. -C by GE Support
- Answer Hi Tim, the C by GE bulbs are only available in the A19 basic base.
QuestionUsing just the C by GE app can I program the Tunable White light to come on very dim, say at 6am, and slowly brighten to max at 6:30 like an alarm clock, every day?
- Answer Yes, you can do this by setting up automations on our C by GE app. When setting up the automation you want to select how fast you want the bulb to fade.
- Answer Yes, but it might be clunky to setup, fortunately the c by ge tech support is great. In my dealing with the device, you have two options, you setup in the c by ge app, which is not the most intuitive app, but it can be done. The other is to purchase a c by ge plug or an in wall c by ge smart switch, and that will enable wifi comms to another assistant, i.e alexa, and you can then control them via voice commands. I am in the process of installing a switch, so cant speak as to how well this works, but looking forward to set it up and see how well it performs.
QuestionCan I still turn these on and off at the switch or will that lose settings like a schedule? Can I change the color temperature on a schedule, AND through my Google Home?
- Answer I accidentally switch them off on the actual wall once. but the settings still worked fine and they were still responsive on my Google Home. Yes you have the option to change the temperature through the google home
QuestionSo since it's bluetooth can u listen to music from your phone on them and can you also turn them on and off from Samsung's smart thing on a your phone?
- Answer No, the bulbs don't have any speakers on them. I don't think you can use Samsung smart things to control it.
QuestionDoes it work with Apple HomeKit
- Answer Hi there! Our bulbs are compatible with HomeKit with the use of a C-Reach Smart Bridge device. You can read how to set up your lights with HomeKit in our Help Center here: https://support.cbyge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028700832-How-To-Set-Up-Apple-HomeKit If you have any questions or any additional concerns, feel free to contact our Customer Support team at 1-844-302-2943 or email@example.com. - C by GE Customer Support