Questions & Answers
Questioni purchased this monitor for my 2016 MacBook Pro 15", and noticed color degradation at the bottom of the screen. On a white background, the bottom inch of the screen starts fading to gray. i exchanged it for a new one which has the same exact issue.
- Answer I suggest raising the display height or sitting farther back. After experimenting with my own monitor I believe you are seeing the effects of vertical viewing angle versus the size of the panel. All LCD displays exhibit this behavior to some degree.
QuestionI know it was asked if this is HDCP 2.2 and the answer was yes. Is this through the HDMI port or through both the DP and HDMI? My Cyberlink adviser for Ultra 4k shows it not to be HDCP 2.2.
- Answer Its 2.2 with a good hdmi cable for me... can’t say about dp
QuestionI purchased today LG-27UD69P-W 27 MONITOR, I connected to my computer ASUS or MAC thru HDMI high speed with Ethernet cable , and I do not have voice, monitor screen in not mute, what I have to do.
- Answer At least on pc right click the apeaker icon bottom right, select play back devices and then make sure default audio device set as the lg monitor
- Answer Yes, for the most part. For video and general computing, but more complicated for gaming. See below. Gaming at 4k with a gtx 1070 is possible but depends on a number of factors: 1.) The rest of your hardware specs 2.) The game you are playing - new triple A titles will likely be too demanding. 3.) How high are the settings you are playing on? Sacrificing some settings can help you play at 4k and keep a decent frame rate. If you want to game at 4k, play current triple A titles, maintain a decent frame rate and play on High settings, you would probably be better off with a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080 ti. Otherwise you may want to save your money and purchase a good 1080p monitor that your GTX 1070 can handle much easier with a great result.
Questionso im using a freesync with a gtx1070 so can use gsync without freesync on the nivada control panel?
- Answer Here's the thing. Freesync technology is only capable of activating with an AMD gpu, not an NVidia card. So if you're asking that if this monitor will "transform" from freesync to gsync, you're dead wrong. Gsync technology is only exclusively with NVidia gpu's, and monitors built in with gsync are far more expensive than freesync monitors, even though that freesync monitors tend to do a better job than gsync. But to answer your question. Yes, you can use an NVidia card on this monitor, you just wont get that stutter free technology on both ends from freesync or gsync from this monitor.
QuestionCAN I STILL USE THIS 4K MONITOR WITH A GTX1070? WITH FREESYNC OFF WILL I HAVE GAME TERRING? OR NOT BECAUSE THAT DELL 1440P GSYNC MONITOR IS 600$ ITS TO HIGH THIS RIGHT HERE IS 500$ GOOD PRICE SO CAN I USE THIS MONITOR OR NOT BECAUSE IM NOT PAYING 600$
- Answer I play Destiny 2 with a 1070 and no issues at all. Game looks amazing
Questionugh so hard to think what to get 1440p or 4k but i cant use freesync with a gtx 1070 bestbuy can you help me!!!!!!!
- Answer freesync i believe is for amd cards..not nvidia
- Answer No, this monitor does not connect to the Internet. You connect to this monitor using a DisplayPort or HDMI cable. There is no wireless adapter built into the monitor nor is there any Ethernet port.
- Answer I bought 4 of LG27Ud69P which is 2017 model. LG27Ud68P is the 2016 model.
QuestionDoes this monitor support multi-stream transport? According to Apple's website, that's the only way I'll be able to get 4K at 60 Hz on my early 2014 MacBook Pro: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206587
- Answer I was able to achieve 4K at 60 Hz using a USB-C to Displayport cable, so I can confirm that the monitor can definitely do 4K at 60 Hz using Mac OS X. If you are having issues, I would suggest looking at the cables that you are using and seeing if there is another combination. Also, you need to hold down the option key when selecting 'Scaled' under 'Display Preferences' to see all of the resolutions and refresh rates in Mac OS X.
QuestionI bought this monitor thinking it would work with my work laptop and my MacBook Pro (mid 2017). It has HDMI cabling, but I don't think my MacBook Pro is compatible. Is this the case or am I missing an accessory?
- Answer The Cable HDMI - USB C from Apple is not compatible with 4k...
QuestionRe: Accessory cables included: HDMI and DP inputs to the monitor are described: but what connector style is on the laptop end? Thx!
- Answer The cables are straight cables. If you do not have an hdmi or DisplayPort port on your computer, you will need to purchase an additional 4k-compatible cable. I recommend using DisplayPort for the best image.