We purchased this Stainless Steel microwave to match the new oven we purchased as well (pictured together) and so far it has worked great for us!
- I decided to install this by myself and it was overall pretty easy. I recommend just watching a YouTube video to make sure you feel comfortable doing it all yourself.
- They give you some paper templates to mark in the wall and cabinets where you need to mark your holes, after that you are good to go! This is a two person job in my eyes when you are lifting it into place and screwing it in. It's not that its heavy, it's just easier with two people.
- It looks really nice! Seriously my favorite part is how nice the style is and the blue LED lights for the clock look sharp.
- The capacity on the inside is nice and spacious, I feel like I have plenty of room for bowls/cups/large plates or whatever I need.
- The microwave is quiet and works well heating up whatever I have in the unit.
- The Microwave can't be running at the same time you are doing a timer. This feature is so simple and has been around for a decade but for whatever reason Samsung doesn't support it.
- There is no quick start function as in I can't just put something in the microwave and hit a button for it to start right away for 1 minute. The closest thing is hitting the "+30" button and then hit start.
- The bottom of the microwave only has 1 lightbulb and it's not very bright. Would be nice to have 1 bulb on the left side and 1 on the right, or just a singular bright led bulb.
- I really think this is a great value of a microwave! It was a good price, looks really high end, works well, and I have had no issues with it. Yes it's missing a few minor functions but it's not a deal breaker for me. Whether you need a new microwave on it's own or want a stainless steel one to match the rest of your appliance, this one will work great!
This is a nice microwave. It is roomy on the inside with a glass turntable that is easy to clean. The buttons on the control panel require a little harder touch than I would like and I would prefer that the start button be more identifiable for when the kitchen is not well lit. I had to change the direction of the vent diverter on the top and back of the unit but instructions were adequate. The factory setting is for "top" vent position so I changed it to the "front" vent position as I was not connecting to an outside vent. The over-the-range light bulb burned out almost immediately and I had to replace it and I would prefer a brighter bulb. I installed this by myself and by following the instructions very carefully, it mounted to the wall and cabinets easily. Very nice, sleek looking.
This microwave was purchased with the Samsung 5.9 Cu. Ft. self-cleaning Freestanding Electric Convection Range - Stainless Steel. It replaced a traditional hood. I like this microwave, it’s a great size, but I wish it had instant one tap cooking buttons for 1 to 6 minutes like my old microwave. Thus, I only gave it 4 stars.
Great microwave! The fan is a little bit funny as there are 2 buttons, one for fan speed and one for on/off, which took me a minute to figure out and remember as it is different than our old microwave.
Had a rough start with this one...picked this microwave up to replace our broken one but it had a defect. The thread for the internal anchor screw was missing. One side was there but the other one was missing, making mounting impossible. Bestbuy made the replacement process as good as it could be, and had the replacement quickly (had to order, model not in store). I was just out my time to deal with return/pickup process. The replacement had no issues, and so far so good. Those internal anchor threads seem pretty flimsy, maybe why they break easily.
We're so glad to know you were able to get your microwave replaced, Whaty004! We hope you can enjoy your new one for a very long time. Jecca
Ease of Use
3 out of 5
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Design, Ease of use, Price
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Good looking and good value
Owned for 3 weeks when reviewed.
Very easy to install. Some of the instructions for installing the charcoal filter were not clear because they are generic and not specific to this model. No frills but looks and works great. Wish it had one touch starting. Overall very happy and would recommend to anyone looking for a simple, low cost, microwave.
I redid my kitchen a bit which allowed me to put in an over the range micro wave oven. Looking at the available offerings on Best Buy and other sites, this Samsung being sold by Best Buy had a great price compared to other brands. Since purchasing it, I did see that a major consumer magazine says they no longer recommend Samsung over the range microwaves due to reliability issues, but looking at online reviews it looks like there can be problems with any brand of microwave oven. I ordered this microwave online with curbside pickup and the process couldn't have gone any smoother. Best Buy notified me when the product was available for pickup and I was only at the store's curbside pickup spot for about five minutes when the Best Buy employee brought out the microwave. He was friendly and professional. My only concern at that point was that the cardboard box containing the microwave did have some damage to it, but when I got it home and unboxed it their was no apparent damage to the oven itself. The installation of the oven was pretty straight forward. It comes with a bracket for the back of the wall and two templates for that and for the holes required in the cabinet above the microwave. The microwave ships in the recirculating configuration, but I added a sidewall vent and ductwork so I had to rotate the twin blowers to the correct position. This procedure is pretty much the same for all over the range microwaves and it is easy to do. I mounted the oven by myself, but it is better to have a second person help as the oven weighs about fifty pounds and it would have been easier to install with a second set of hands. Overall I do like the microwave and it is a nice looking unit, but there are three things I wish were different. For some reason that I don't understand, Samsung has elected to have the colon between the digits of the clock blink continuously once it is set. I would have preferred the colon to blink while setting the time and to remain steady once the time is set, but they reversed this for some reason. Secondly, the touch keypad requires a very firm touch to activate anything. This is in stark contrast to the touch screen on the new Samsung range I just purchased from Best Buy which activates with the slightest touch (and also has a clock where the colon doesn't blink) much like a smart phone. Finally, the keypad is not backlit. This isn't unique to Samsung though, and appears to be the norm except on the most expensive models. None of these are deal killers, just minor annoyances. This is a nice looking microwave which so far is working well. It matches very well with the Samsung NE63T8311SS range I purchased from Best Buy (which has been great so far) and I am happy with it.
A:AnswerThis is just my "opinion". If you are going to mount over your range and you want to use the exhaust fan function , then yes it must be vented. If you are not going to use the exhaust fan function, then you would not need to vent the microwave. We use the exhaust fan and it works great. Wish I had done some more research on lighting feature. They do not light up the top of my range as bright as I expected. I am researching different or brighter lighting options. Hope this helps!