Context: Have a Sonos Play1, Bose Mini Soundlink II, Klipsch Promedia 2.1 PC speaker set, ZVOX 450 for the bedroom TV - familiar with sound from different manufacturers.
- Price point, purchased this as open box for ~40% off, making it the cheapest upgraded speakers so far.
- included wireless subwoofer enables placement anywhere
- excellent for the living room space approx 12' x 12'
- mids and highs are good from the soundbar
- Polk sounded a lot better than JBL and LG soundbars on display
- bass is just enough. Not overbearing like Klipsch or Bose
- Bluetooth connection is spotty after hours of play; best if device is within range and no wall interference
- system takes a while to turn on
- no volume or input type display on unit
- Remote could use more sensitivity, range, and weight
Great soundbar for the average person who isn't looking for ground-shaking bass and simply looking for an upgrade from the tinny TV speakers on most hdtv's today. Most other speakers sounded a bit too focused on the mids and highs. The only other comparable one I found was the JBL Cinema SB450, which is much more expensive.
Audiophiles or those who enjoy Sonos or other premium components will find that these soundbar is lacking in clarity on the mids and overall balanced sound. When compared to Vizio or the LG/Samsung soundbars that Best Buy carries, this blows them out of the water.