Questions & Answers
- Answer My house is facing west. My ring video doorbell worked great when I bought it earlier this year but now I cannot make out an image during the day. It looks like a completely overexposed image.. pure white in the center.
- Answer Agree with above answers. The set up video is super easy and walks you through it once you download app and it also comes with a small paper manual that has written instructions. All you do though is pop the cover where the chime is inside your house off and disconnect the wires and reconnect the ring wires. Make sure you have flipped the circuit breaker off beforehand though. After that you can replace the cover and go outside to the doorbell on outside of house. You take old button off and replace with new button. Connect to your wi-fi and it should be good to go.
- Answer The ring doorbell 2 has the option to use the battery pack or being hardwired. The ring pro can only be hard wired.
QuestionIt says Satin Nickel/Venetian/Satin Black/Pearl White but nowhere to select the color of your purchase?
- Answer The product comes with interchangeable faceplates in all listed colors.
QuestionIf it senses motion in the distance will it enable the video if somebody does not push the door bell button?
- Answer If the camera can see it it will pretty much take a video and save it if you want. You open the app and set the zone/area you want to take a video. You can set up a zone just to notify you if someone steps into the square zone you set. You can also put it to notify you or just record and you can check later. You can set notify on any and all movement, only if the door bell rings or both.
- Answer Not sure how many but we have 2 phones attached with no issues.
QuestionMy existing doorbell is facing sideway on the door frame and I don't want to drill the bricks with wires hanging out. Is the lens adjustable? Any solution?
- Answer They sell an installation kit to set your doorbell at the desired angle
QuestionDo you have to pay a monthly fee to have video storage for Ring - Video Doorbell Elite - Satin Nickel and Ring Flood Lights ?
- Answer If you want video storage there is a $3.00 per month fee. You get a free trial for 30 days initially. You need wifi and the app. If you want to have your video and be able to see it after it happens that will be the monthly fee. If you don't want the fee you will still see what is at your door but only live. Can't go back and see it an hour later. Hope this helps. No fee for the app.
QuestionWill it work with my Iphone
- Answer I think so. I'm using an android and it works very well. The manuals talked about both android and iphones without a problem. Downside - They don't tell you this anywhere in their ads until you buy their Ring product, but they only offer you 30 days of free "cloud service" and then they want $3 more a month ($30p/yr) from you for Ring video storage. I've asked for a software update so that a Ring customer could use their own "cloud storage" without any more $$$ charges. Very good product overall tho.
- Answer Yes and No... the Ring Pro requires a low voltage transformer and the necessary wiring to power the device. However you can go with the standard Ring video doorbell and that would allow you to be 100% wireless without the need for any existing chime/transformer/wiring.
Questionwhat's the operating temp range.
- Answer I have the ring doorbell pro and stick up cam about 2 weeks. It has gotten down to about 20 degrees Fahrenheit and they work fine. My only complaint at the moment is when my motion light come on it will send me a motion alert. Other than that I like it. If you get the ring bookbell pro remember you need between 16 and 24 volts for the doorbell pro to work. I didn't know this so I had to buy a new doorbell transformer.
QuestionI would like to know if this could be either disabled permenantly or located via ip address if someone were to steal it from my door.
- Answer Contact ring with a police report they will replace it.
- Answer Yes. You can customize the field or range of motion it picks up and how sensitive you want it to be...birds vs humans.
QuestionIs there a "cloud service" that I have to sign up and pay $3 more a month ($30p/yr) from you for Ring video storage. If I don't sign up, I can't operate the device?
- Answer Yes you still can, but with the cloud service you can back up images or video, plus you get a protection plan if someone steals your doorbell , you get a new one with police report.
QuestionIf the Ring video doorbell pro is installed with your doorbell wiring, does it still ring your old doorbell, or just alert you?
- Answer It rings your doorbell inside after a few hook ups that's included with the kit
QuestionIf for example, I am expecting a few to numerous guests who might ring the door bell numerous times, is there a way to deactivate the record function to save on bandwidth usage as that is what is needed to record to the cloud every time ring is pressed?
- Answer Yes you can set a schedule that will turn it off for a certain amount of time. That is all directly from the app on your phone. You can set a window of of any time you choose to shut it off for a one-time-use or every day of the week or just a single day of the week. It can be a one-time setting or reoccuring. To be specific the Ring doorbell will still sound your chime but it will not record or send you an alert on your phone.
QuestionI am purchasing this as a gift for someone who lives in a rental house and would need to be uninstalled once they leave. Can this be uninstalled once installed or is installation permanent? Thanks.
- Answer This is easily installed through wiring. And you can definitely uninstall it when you move out.
QuestionMy doorbell sits in a very narrow spot. One side of the doorbell the front door closes and the other side extends out. Is there a model that would work? I cannot upload the picture.
- Answer I re ran my doorbell wires from the door frame to a 7/8" inch hole i drilled in the brick and mounted it fine, you can make it smaller by not using the trim plate that i have used. I hope the picture i posted gives any kind of help in your decision.