Questions & Answers
- Answer Based on my experience with an older iPad with wifi & cellular, the answer is no, you don't need a data plan if you only want to use wifi connectivity. I never did get a cellular plan for my iPad. I use my iPad with wifi and when I need a cellular connection I use my iPhone as a hot spot and connect my iPad to the web through the iPhone. I am shopping for an iPad Pro and may get the cellular option again (unlocked so I can use any cell provider in the future) and I can add it to my current cell phone plan for just $10/month if I need it.
QuestionRegarding the Apple iPad (latest model), BestBuy refers to this iPad being unlocked. what does "unlocked" mean? Also, can you use ear buds from a previous iPad model on the latest model
- Answer Unlocked means if you plan to use cellular data you can choose the cellular company of your choice. Verizion, ATT, etc. You can use previous assigned earbuds.
QuestionWhat does it mean when it says Wi-Fi + unlocked? I tried searching it up. But I really didn’t understand. I don’t even know if that’s english
- Answer The tablets cellular is unlocked for use with a carrier of your choice .
- Answer You just need a T-Mobile sim card and a line plan
QuestionIf you purchase an iPad that is unlocked with any carrier, can I do aways with my cell phone that I have?
- Answer The answer to your question is no. You must set up your phone and iPad on the same email to make calls, text or FaceTime on your iPad.
- Answer You will have to use a wi-fi or internet connection to get your computer up and running. You will only ever be abble to use it with some kind of internet connection. I guess if you do not have it at ghome you could go where they do have it. Be careful though about public wi-fi without using some kind of VPN.
QuestionSince this is a unlocked iPad tablet so...... Can you use with the company metro ? Or do you have to have a credit check and use Sprint, Verizon , Att , T-Mobile etc...????... Which company can you hook up to to work?
- Answer This model is universally unlocked for use on both GSM and CDMA networks.
QuestionCan you buy unlimited data for 30 days at a time? We want it for traveling and be able to use it in the car.
- Answer I can't really answer the question as I haven't done that yet but my daughter recommended it, I don't think it is unlimited but she said it would be enough and you can add to it. I use T mobile and she really likes them. lindsey
- Answer I would suggest getting a cover with a bluetooth portable keyboard. Some google docs can be imported with special 3rd party apps. You will probably find it easier to starts using Apple Apps. If you are not familiar with Apple products then I would suggest taking ome of Apple's online courses which are free to learn whatever you can. Apple is pretty intuitive and easy. If you have an Apple store fairly close to you then you can sign up and take classes there or get questions answered. There are also many you tube videos you can search out explaining all things apple. There are also online Apple communities if you get stuck!
- Answer If you pay for the device in full then you wont be bound to a contract. You’ll be able to choose any service provider for your data plan.
- Answer Not really just means you can pay to have cellular service added. That way you don’t have to rely on WiFi or hotspot off your iPhone.
Questionwhat is cellular
- Answer Capable of both WiFi and cellular (wireless phone) connection to the internet. If you add the iPad to your wireless plan you can access internet, make FaceTime calls, text message or use as a hotspot without being on a WiFi network. Great if you travel a lot and/or want to avoid risks of public WiFi.
QuestionCan any of the tablets be used outside? So you can read or look at the screen without a glare
- Answer There are several waterproof and water resistent cases for the ipad. I use the Lifeproof. No problems in the rain.