- Answer Two things I can mention are: 1.) XS is physically smaller. This may be a plus or minus for you individually. Check them out in person. 2.) XS has 4 wifi antennae, XR has 2. That means stronger wifi catching capability for XS. I don't know if this has a negative effect on battery life. If you are in a place where the wifi you want has been a weak signal, this might be worth any small additional battery drain. (Searching for wifi is a big battery drain, so more antennae might help there.)
Questionif i pay the full price of an iphone xr, can i get the phone UNLOCKED? I am a verizon customer BUT I DO NOT WANT A LOCKED TO VERIZON PHONE. thank you. if not, i'll have to buy the phone at an apple store. thanks
- Answer All current generation Iphones are unlocked. They can be taken from one provider to another.
- Answer XR has a single lens camera, lcd screen, and is .03 inches bigger than the XS. It also has aluminum casing compared to stainless steel.
- Answer Hello, based on the ads shown on the website you can get a trade in value from your old device. This is not necessarily a discount, but they use it toward the new phone purchase! You can follow this link to see the value of your trade in, https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/ Hope this helps!
- Answer iPhone Xr will not fit into a 7 plus case. Dimensions (length, width, height) are not the same for those iPhones. And the camera lens size and placement are also different. So the openings will not line up for lens or ports. You’ll have to spring for a new case if you’re getting one of the new iPhones: Xs, Xs Max, Xr. I highly recommend Otterbox Defender series.
QuestionWill the iPhone XR be available for purchase with device financing/monthly installments, or the complete price at time of contract agreement? thank you.
- Answer It is your choice you can buy it for full price or on monthly installment plans.
- Answer They are also for existing. If they run a promotion requiring a new line it will say in options
QuestionOn the iPhone XR, is facial recognition the only way to unlock the phone? Can you not enter a numeric password? On the iPhone 6 plus, I can use my thumbprint OR I can enter a 4digit passcode, It's a nice option if someone else needs to use your phone.
- Answer Yes, you can unlock the phone with a passcode as well.
QuestionGood day, What is the release date for this iPhone XR?? Are they saying that the XR is better then the new Xs Max??? Because I just got my Xs Max 256g two days ago. Sincerely, Todd SSG US Army
- Answer Pre-order Oct 19, delivery/available Oct 26.
- Answer Easiest way is to do a google search for "best buy trade in" and it should be one of the first links to pop up. Once on the Best Buy trade in page just follow the directions and it will tell you the approximate current trade in value of your phone. I have found that the price online is always the same as the in store value as long as I evaluated it correctly and it's the same day. With that, you can ask in store what the current trade in value is if going to the store is easier.
- Answer If you use their CC it's like getting 5% off the phone, because of the reward points you receive. That's the only perk I know of.
QuestionI have a landline and a 20yr old flip phone... way past time to upgrade to a smartphone! I’d like to buy an iPhone XR 128GB and do away with my landline. Can I have my current landline ph# be my new iPhone #?
- Answer Yes, you can transfer a landline phone number to a smartphone.
- Answer Yes it can. My wife just traded in her iPhone 8 plus and was able to apply that amount as a down payment for the iPhone XR to make the monthly payments cheaper or to just pay it off in store before activating.