Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $349.99
The regular price is $499.99
- Answer It has four USB 3 ports, two Thunderbolt 2 ports, one HDMI port and 1 ethernet port. It also has a SDXC card slot. Perfect amount in my book!
- Answer The only cord that comes in the box is a power cable. In my experience, I found it necessary to purchase a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable to connect my HP 23" monitor to the Mac Mini via DVI cable. I use Apple's Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse accessories. To set up the Mac, it is handy to have a USB connected keyboard.
QuestionI just bought a Mac mini (Feb., 2018) at the store. When I set it up, it says it is a 2014 model. Shouldn't be a newer model?? paid $500.
- Answer Apple never updated there Mac mini’s. They stopped updating it in 2014 and just keep making more of the same models for an affordable Mac.
- Answer Yes, this item can support two monitors but requires an adapter.
- Answer No not at all this MAC is excellent for those type of programs.
QuestionCan I use my 24" Vizio HDMI HDTV as a temporary monitor until I can afford a good LG monitor that cost around $249.99 with this Apple - Mac mini 4 GB memory 500 GB hard drive?
- Answer Yes, you can connect your HDTV to this computer via your HDMI port.
- Answer Yes, as long as it has a Thunderbolt connection.
- Answer Just updated mine to Mojave version 10.14.2
QuestionI noticed that this product is of model 2014, will it support the latest Mac OS and XCode? The answer is very crucial for me as i develop iOS Apps on XCode.
- Answer This product can barely run the OS, so forget any heavy work
- Answer This is the 2014 model.
QuestionApproximately how long does it take from the time you push the power button for the device to be ready for sign in?
- Answer This is not really relevant because you never need to completely shut it down. Because of its sleep mode it only uses just enough power to retain the contents of the memory.
QuestionMAC IS USBC. . I HAVE HP PRINTER AND MONITOR. ALSO LOGITECH KEYBOARD AND MOUSE. ARE THESE GOING TO WORK WITH MAC MINI WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS?
- Answer I'm using a Westinghouse TV as a monitor (using HDMI cable) because my old Westinghouse monitor (multi pin plug with 2 screws) would not connect to it. HP Photosmart 6520 printer / scanner and Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. No problems with any of them working with the Mac Mini.
QuestionWill this turn lightroom with out hiccups also can i pair this with an i pad pro in Astor pad
- Answer I would not depend on this machine to do any serious work. Surf the net and that’s about it.
- Answer To save space and to help drive innovation (faster internet speeds, etc.). Also you can buy an LG or Samsung CD/DVD burner for cheap these days.