Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $492.99
The regular price is $579.99
- Answer Hello there! This notebook computer supports up to 12GB DDR4 memory. It does not come with expandable RAM memory. In regards to the video card, the computer comes with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics integrated graphics. It does not come built in with a video card. Thank you for choosing Intel!
QuestionRegarding the windows s mode, if I were to leave windows s mode, will I be left with a 32 or 64 bit OS?
- Answer The Windows 10 operating system in this computer is 64 Bit even without S mode.
QuestionWould you consider this a good starter computer for a high school, heading to college in a couple years, student?
- Answer Yes. I absolutely recommend this laptop. I have been comparing specs with other brands for a while. This laptop spec is pretty average level and the price is very suitable. The only downside is that this laptop doesn’t have back light function on keyboard.
QuestionLaptop spec says has a USB 3.2 type C port. In the picture, I see: 1 HDMI, 1 USB 2.0 Type A, 2 USB 3.0 Type A, 1 memory card reader. NO USB 3.2 type C Does it have a 3.2 type C ?
- Answer The laptop does not have a USB 3.2 Type C port.
- Answer This laptop readily supports one external monitor through HDMI port. For connecting more than one external displays, you need to use a docking station.
QuestionI live in a 'Faraday Cage'. What is the 'Blue Tooth' range ? Now I set the speakers near a window/opening. That is my limit with a Dell Inspiron 15, 5000 series.
- Answer Hello oldgecko. This Dell Inspiron laptop comes with Bluetooth version 5 which has a range of 800 feet so you should not expect any connectivity or pairing issues with your speakers as long as they are within the range. Thank you for choosing Intel!
- Answer Hello EJpty507. To run League of Legends smoothly you need a system built with a dedicated graphics card. This Dell Inspiron laptop only comes with integrated graphics therefore you will be able to play both games on low system configurations. If you would like to run both games in high-quality settings you may choose a system with a dedicated graphics card such as one of the following: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gf63-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-nvidia-geforce-gtx1650-256gb-ssd-8gb-memory-black/6456141.p?skuId=6456141 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavillion-16-1-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-512gb-ssd-32gb-optane-shadow-black/6409145.p?skuId=6409145 Thank you for choosing Intel!
QuestionThank you for responding to my question. What did you mean by "optional" for one USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C ports (optional)? Does it have a C port or not already present on the the computer when purchased? Thanks!
- Answer This laptop does not come with default USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C ports. Please reach out to the Best Buy support team to check on the option to add the port.
QuestionIf I have to upgrade to 16gb RAM, Do I just replace the 4gb RAM with an 8gb RAM? Which exact RAM should I get that is compatible with this laptop?
- Answer Yes, to upgrade to 16 GB RAM, you need to replace the 4 GB module with a 8 GB memory module. This system is compatible with a DDR4 RAM of speed 2666MHz.
QuestionWill this computer be compatible with Windows 11 and if so, will I be able to upgrade for free?
- Answer Yes, this computer is compatible with Windows 11. The details on the upgrade options are yet to be rolled out. Once announced, you will have the details in place.