Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $229.99
The regular price is $764.99
- Answer All of it can be included for an extra fee. and if you don't pay for hallaway you have to disconnect and move your old machine yourself, which is irrational - if you already have the technician there- why not let him do it? my experience with the delivery and installation was horrible though - they rescheduled a few times, and when it was finally triple confirmed for 8-12 one day they delivered it at 4 PM that day, claiming that my scheduled window was 12-4. I had to send them their own email and voicemail confirmations to prove that they were wrong! customer service was quite helpless to change anything in that situation so I had to wait 8 hours, instead of 4 and had to cancel all of my plans for the day. also, the installers were disorganized - they kept losing the screws and couldn't screw the machine in for over an hour, going back and forth to their car bringing one piece of equipment at a time, instead of brining the whole toolbox. so I ended up giving them my own screws and a screwdriver that they needed. for the amount they charge for the installation - this is insane!
QuestionAm concerned about the side vents. What does this mean in terms of installation? It will be completely enclosed in my cabinet. Will this work?
- Answer Yes, the dishwasher will work, but do some research on side vents and you'll see that over time the moisture will soak into the insulated wrap and then get onto the adjacent cabinet wall/ floors/ mold/ etc.. The 20 year old "professional" installing your dishwasher could care less about what happens a couple years from now when he's no longer around. Most people have no clue this problem exists.
- Answer On normal setting about 75 minutes and it does a beautiful job. If the door will stay shut on mine.
QuestionDoes this dishwasher have a built in garbage disposalDoes this dishwasher have a built in garbage disposal
- Answer No it does not. Just a food catcher "filter"
- Answer yes it does but will not dry dishes (or SS interior) unless you use an additional drying agent Also beware, front "sensors" will start machine every time you walk/ brush past it with your tummy or hips & you have to push cancel many times a day
- Answer If you're having difficulty with the basket with the slots, you can always take the tops off and then load the silverware in that way. I find that my silverware is too wide at the bottom and I can't get it down in the slots. That's how I solved for my issue
- Answer Kitchenaid recommends Cascade platinum tablets , which is their most expensive product, and they claim you must use the rinse aid in order for the dishes to dry, but I tried using my regular Cascade gel without the rinse aid and it worked fine.
QuestionItem says it comes with free delivery & installation. That option does not show up in my cart. Would like to complete order correctly. Advise. This is for Kitchen Aid dishwasher KDFE104DDS
- Answer Make sure to add that $29.99 installation kit to your shopping cart so you can get that free installation
- Answer Remove the cat from inside the dishwasher. It may be that you're opening it when the red light is still on (still drying). when drying cycle is finished, red goes off and white light comes on.
QuestionDoes this dishwasher have an adjustable height?Our opening is only 34 1/4 tall and dimensions say 34 1/2. Wondered if it was adjustable
- Answer Yes, this dishwasher has adjustable height.
QuestionI'm looking at the 'KitchenAid - 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Black,' but on the Best Buy website, it looks like the modern black aluminum. My other appliances, including my KitchenAid fridge, have that early 2000s traditional black paint sheen. Help?
- Answer This dishwasher does indeed have a black glossy finish, and is not black stainless. It matches our other black glossy finish appliances perfectly. Btw, we love this dishwasher; it is very quiet and does a great job. Highly recommended!
QuestionI brought this dishwasher. Can't find the serial number on lable. Can it be on the side of the door. No accessories just need serial number
- Answer The identifying information for the KDFE104DWH dishwasher (other models are probably the same) is on a white label attached to the inside of the unit on the left side where the door closes, but not on the side of the door. This label incudes the unit serial number under "SER".