Apple Watch Series 6 lets you measure your blood oxygen level with a revolutionary new sensor and app.¹ Take an ECG from your wrist.² See your fitness metrics on the enhanced Always-On Retina display, now 2.5x brighter outdoors when your wrist is down. Set a bedtime routine and track your sleep. And reply to calls and messages right from your wrist. It’s the ultimate device for a healthier, more active, more connected life.
GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app¹
Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app²
The Always-On Retina display is 2.5x brighter outdoors when your wrist is down
S6 SiP is up to 20% faster than Series 5
5GHz Wi-Fi and U1 Ultra Wideband chip
Track your daily activity on Apple Watch and see your trends in the Fitness app on iPhone
Measure workouts like running, walking, cycling, yoga, swimming, and dance
Sync your favorite music, podcasts, and audiobooks
Pay instantly and securely from your wrist with Apple Pay
High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notification²
Built-in compass and real-time elevation readings
Can detect if you’ve taken a hard fall, then automatically call emergency services for you
Emergency SOS lets you get help from your wrist⁴
watchOS 7 with sleep tracking, cycling directions, updates to Siri, and new customizable watch faces
Aluminum cases available in new finishes
Apple Watch Series 6 requires an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later.
¹Blood Oxygen app measurements are not intended for medical use, including self-diagnosis or consultation with a doctor, and are only designed for general fitness and wellness purposes.
²The ECG app and irregular rhythm notification require the latest versions of watchOS and iOS and are not intended for use by people under 22 years old. The ECG app is available on Apple Watch Series 4 or later.
The irregular rhythm notification is not designed for people who have been previously diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AFib).
³ISO standard 22810:2010. Appropriate for shallow-water activities like swimming. Submersion below shallow depth and high-velocity water activities not recommended.
⁴To use Emergency SOS, your iPhone needs to be nearby. If your iPhone isn’t nearby, your Apple Watch needs to be connected to a known Wi-Fi network and you must set up Wi-Fi Calling.
(PRODUCT)RED Aluminum Case
Regular Sport Band
1m magnetic charging cable
Voice Assistant Built-in
Operating System Compatibility
Internal Memory Capacity
Activity vs. inactivity, Altitude changes, Cadence, Calories burned, Electrocardiography, Heart rate, Hours slept, Pace
Maximum Depth of Water Resistance
Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 40mm (PRODUCT)RED Aluminum Case with (PRODUCT)RED Sport Band
I am by no means an Apple Fanatic who owns only Apple Products and thinks Apple can do no wrong. I enjoy the innovation and creative choices other brands make with their products! But there is no denying that what Apple is doing with their watch line just works, and works really well. The Series 6 is their latest attempt to win every every wrist they can and its a really good attempt at doing so!
- Unboxing and Set-Up is really a breeze! Of course you need an iPhone to do so, but you can set up almost everything from your phone and its pretty quick. Very easy overall set up that I don't think anyone will have issues with.
- The Watch itself is just beautiful. I purchased the silver model because I personally like the silver accent with the black watch face. Although you can tell its still an Apple Watch, I think Apple has done a good job making them look elegant.
- The screen really is gorgeous. It's bright, has crisp definition, and makes use of the whole screen. The always on display feature really is an easy way too always see your information without having to the full power of the display.
- I won't get into this too much, but the Series 6 continues to do well what previous Apple Watches do. It has smart phone notifications, you can take calls/texts from it, has fall detection, 911 alerts, you can swim/dive with it on, and just so much more.
- The Series 6 comes with Blood Oxygen and ECG monitoring, and they both really work well! With Blood Oxygen, you need to have your opposite hand's finger on the crown of the watch for 30 seconds but I have had no issue getting a reading every time! Although some people may not care about Blood Oxygen and ECG, I really think that the more a Watch can monitor for you, the better your chances are to stay healthy and catch any health issues you may have.
- The Series 6 also comes with another new feature which is sleep tracking! So far, I think its really beneficial to get those sleeping statistics. I have no issue wearing the Apple Watch all night as I think its comfortable and if I wake up I can easily check the time.
- Of course, the Series 6 is excellent at tracking your fitness throughout the day. Tracking the steps you take all day, making sure you stand up and move frequently, and pushing you to accomplish your Workout goals everyday. Also at the time of this review, Apple's new Fitness+ service is not out yet but I am very much looking forward to this when it comes! I think it was a brilliant idea.
- Lastly, I think an important part of a fitness/health tracking watch is having a great phone app to view all the information. And Apple's Fitness and Health apps are truly well done. It really is a beneficial way to keep track of everything you do.
- Just like most Apple Products, my biggest issue with the Series 6 is it's inability to play well with others. You can only use it with an iPhone and although I understand not wanting to use it with an Android, I wish you could use it with an iPad. I just think it would be beneficial to see all your fitness and health stats on a larger iPad screen.
- Just like previous Apple Watches, the Series 6 still can only charge using an Apple Watch charger. You can not use a Qi wireless charger like you can with iPhones and Android phones these days. It would be a lot more functional if it could be universally charged on any wireless charger.
- The Series 6 allows you to use Apple Music without having your phone with you, but I wish they allowed the same ability with other music services like Spotify.
- Apple's Fitness App & Health App are two different Apps. Although both apps are fantastic, I with they were combined into one to see all your stats in the same place.
- One of the basics of a tech product is you want it to do what its supposed to really well, while also improving your life. It's hard to find issues with the Series 6 when everything it does, it does really well. From having great smartwatch features, to helping you achieve fitness goals, to tracking your health/sleep, and just being a beacon of information without having to use your phone. If you have an iPhone and want the absolute best smartwatch experience, I don't think you will find anything better than the Series 6!
I have the series 2 watch and loved it but I decided to upgrade to this one based on the blood oxygen app. I have severe asthma and was hoping that the app might help monitor my breathing for my Dr. I started wearing it the day they went on sale so I would have about 10 days of data before my specialist saw me. It is AMAZINGLY ACCURATE!!! My Dr was so impressed with all the data and it even gave him more insight into my “ups and downs” during the day with my breathing. I’m a huge fan of this new watch and now my Dr is too! We tested it with his oxygen monitor and it was 100% accurate!!
Got the 40mm gps version for my wife. No need for the cellular if you keep your phone on or near you. She loves it. Her other Apple Watch (38mm) lasted like 5 years before the screen popped off when she accidentally hit it on something . It was time for a new one anyway. Very good upgrade!
ALSO, look up BRAXLEY bands if you prefer stretchy fabric bands. The watchband I got for her old phone works with this one even though the new watch is 2mm larger. But I’m getting her another Braxley band because our puppy chewed on it. Trust me. They’re good quality, comfy, and breathable.
I love this Apple Watch and the features. I got a great deal on mine for around 270$ on sale from bestbuy. I hate the color red though and I bought a new band and watch face for it. It covers it well but absolutely everything including the dial on the watch is red so it’s challenging to cover and you can still see some red come through the bottom, slightly where the band is,and the dial but the watch face I got works well for it so I’m happy. It beats an extra 200 on the price tag.
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
I would recommend this to a friend
Ease of Use
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
4 out of 5
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Best Smartwatch for fitness and more
Owned for 1 month when reviewed.
the apple watch is one of the best smartwatches i've owned and i've owned a few. i love the integration with the apple ecosystem. the watch works seamlessly with your iphone, ipad and macbook pro. i love how i can unlock my macbook pro just by wearing my watch. my most used tasks are taking calls, responding to messages and viewing notifications.
the watch looks nice. you can easily swap bands and there are a million different styles out there to suit your fashion. i wish there were more faces, but the ones currently available are very good and customizable. its waterproof...i shower with it and swam with it (pool and ocean).
battery life is good, but i wish it was better. as an active user you will drain your battery in a day. so this means that you have to charge it once sometime during the day so that you can take advantage of all the features (sleep tracking, stand hours, etc).
when it comes to fitness the apple watch has improved my fitness. on a daily basis my micro goals are to close all my rings. i didn't have that with fitbit. fitness tracking is very accurate and you can start workouts manually or automatically. and the data that your watch keeps integrates with practically any app out there. Stava, RunKeeper, Zwift...you name it and you can get data in or out.
there is so much to love about the apple watch, but i will end it here and say that if you just want a smart watch, this does it all but if you want more such as fitness and integration with other apps you can do that as well.
Best Buy is one of the few places that still has Apple Products on display to actually check out. Other places have them under a case or you just have to order without checking out the item in person. I was in the store twice before I actually bought it and both times the salespersons were really good about answering my questions. I checked out a couple other places and went back to Best Buy to purchase and they also price match. I am pleased with my purchase.
Never owned one before, but have used iphones. Works really well with the iphone. I like that if my iphone is locked/closed, the notice will appear on my watch, but not both. Rumor is the fitness plus will be airplayable to smart tvs without an apple tv box. If so, makes it even more worthwhile. Fun watch to have. If you've never owned one, watch youtube videos on it to see if it will have the functionality you want.
I’ve been eying the Apple Watch 6 for a while. I’d had my series 3 since 2018 and was pleased with it. My series 3 started to lose battery power even after charging and I use it most days for exercise, so I decided to take the plunge and purchase the series 6. I love it! The 40 inch is perfect for my wrist size and I was able to pair it easily with my iPhone. I absolutely love Apple products and the Apple Watch does not disappoint! I always buy my Apple products (with the exception of my iPhone) from Best Buy and the deals are great. I was able to turn in my series 3 and get a credit toward my new Apple Watch.
The analysis of all aggregated expert reviews shows that the reviewers are positive about comfort, size, design and performance. Editors are less positive about price and battery. Using an algorithm based on product age, reviewers ratings history, popularity, product category expertise and other factors, this product gets an alaTest Expert Rating of 96/100 = Excellent quality.
TechRadarRating, 4 out of 54.0Gareth Beavis on September 16, 2021
Apple Watch 6 reviewThe Apple Watch 6 still needs a bigger headline feature
Apple Watch Series 6 review: The best new features are the boring onesThe Apple Watch Series 6 isn't much different from the Series 5, and the changes that matter most aren't necessarily the ones you can see. That said, we'll never complain when an already great smartwatch gets practical improvements like faster
Apple Watch Series 6 review: The best, most feature-rich smartwatch you can buyThe Apple Watch Series 6 is the most complete smartwatch you can buy, and with the latest software and processor it's a real powerhouse too. Here's our review.
Apple Watch Series 6 is ‘by far the world's most popular smartwatch model,' analyst saysAs the world tries to recover from COVID-19, a new report shows that global smartwatch shipments grew 47% to pre-pandemic growth level in Q2 2021 with the Apple Watch leading the category and the Series 6 as the most popular smartwatch model
Apple airing fun new Apple Watch Series 6 ad showing ECG use in everyday lifeAdAdge has shared a new Apple Watch Series 6 ad focused on the ECG functionality. The ad shows a user taking an ECG in all kinds of environments, highlighting how you no longer need to make an appointment to go to the doctor to get one taken
A:AnswerThe cellular will work as a phone and you will have to purchase a plan for it. Personally I’m gonna go without I normally have my phone within reach anyways. Plus cellular is $100 more then provider fees on top.
A:AnswerCan you go into a store and look at them? My store had a 40 and a 44mm on display. I put them near my wrist and decided on how it looked around the area which size was best. I went with the 40mm. Good luck!
A:AnswerThe iWatch Series 6 does have fall detection and you can configure it to notify emergency services (all configurable in the iPhone). I have not used it yet but did see the configuration options on the iWatch and iPhone.