Questions & Answers
QuestionIf I get the Echo Plus and put it in the living room and put the Echo Spot in my sons room will he be able to use the spot to turn on his lights in his room without installing an extra bridge or hub to our WiFi, since the Plus has a built in hub?
- Answer Yes, you can I currently have an echo plus in my basement family room and echo 1st gen in my kitchen on the main level and 4 dots 1 in each bedroom on the 2nd floor. We only use 1 bridge. You just need to make sure you name each rooms lights different ex. Master bedroom lights, next guest bedroom lights, Alex’s bedroom lights etc.
- Answer Echo plus has the capability to control home automation products, without a hub. (It is the hub) Even if you dont currently use products like voice controlled lighting, curtains and speakers, you might in the future. Also, the plus has a larger speaker and sounds much better. I would purchase the plus.
QuestionWill the Echo Plus 2nd Gen be compatible with my Echo Dots which are 1st and 3rd Gen? I want to use it for drop-in and announcements, and possibly music.
- Answer Hello, Mary! Yes, all of your Echo devices can work together as long as they are all tied to your account through your Alexa App. You will be able to drop in, do announcements, and play music on all of them. To play music on all your devices, you just say "Alexa, play music everywhere" and she will play them on all of your devices. Have a great day!
- Answer As of March 2020, Amazon Alexa supports 8 languages: English. French. German. Italian. Japanese. Portuguese (Brazilian) Spanish.
- Answer Yes u can use it as a surround sound for your tv as long as it is a smart tv
- Answer It will integrate to a degree but not completely. You can MAKE calls with Alexa, but you can't receive calls.....at this time. If you have an Apple Music Subscription, it can easily be your default music service. It will incorporate your Apple iPhone calendar, so you can set appointments via voice and it will appear on your calendar. She will read your text messages, but she can't send them via iOS. You can send an email though and she can read back your emails as well. Hope this helps!
- Answer Hi Lori, It will turn on and off power, and volume of the regular TV, depending on TV compatibility it can also change inputs. Hope that info helps.
- Answer Echo studio much better sound
- Answer I got the Kasa brand smart lights and they work perfectly with it
I would recommend:
QuestionI have a google home mini now. It cannot search for shows on Hulu and Netflix on the Xbox but can activate the apps. Can this echo actually search for individual shows through voice command on these apps on my xbox. Also can this devices voice be changed?
- Answer Hello, EmbalmMan92! By enabling the Xbox skill on Alexa, she can control many things with your Xbox. If you visit the skill's page, you can view a list of many of those things, but it appears that you can open Netflix (and other streaming services) and have it start a show. The voices cannot really be changes on an Echo device. I hope that information helps! Have a great day!
- Answer The Echo Dot has 2 options for sending audio to a receiver. First is Bluetooth and the second is 3.5mm aux cord. If the receiver doesn't have Bluetooth, then you would need a 3.5mm to RCA cord to go from the Dot to the receiver.
QuestionI have a gen 1 echo, however it has seen better days. What are the differences in a gen 2? Is the sound better? Does it do at least do all of the functions of a gen 1?
- Answer Way better sound, fuller bass. I have had no issues and setup is better as well (Alexa app has been updated). I have not integrated with firestick yet but soon Alexa will be my remote
QuestionHi, are Alexa devices country specific? I am located in the US, and would like to purchase an Alexa speaker here, but as a gift for my mom in Germany.
- Answer Yes you can it works all over the world
- Answer Hello, Pete! It is simple to install and set up the Echo Plus. You simply plug the device in and go through the set up process on the Alexa App. Once set up, your Echo Plus is ready to use! You can even unplug it and move it around your house if you want it in a different room. I hope that helps!
QuestionIs it possible to use this speaker without plugging it into the wall? Is there a certain accessory to purchase? I want the capability to be able to ride my bike while playing my speaker.
- Answer Hello, Echo speakers require a constant power source as well as a WiFi connection.
QuestionCan the Smart Home Hub Feature built into this be used to control my TV?? I want to be able to turn the TV on and off plus change channels and control the volume.
- Answer Hello! As long as you have a smart TV that supports Alexa, any Echo with Alexa can control the TV. If your TV does not have the smart TV capabilities or Alexa support, a Fire TV Cube will be able to do this for you!
QuestionIf I am just looking for a BT speaker with nice sound, is this a good product? I am not really interested in other features such as smart home like turning lights on/off, I am just looking for a speaker. Would I be wasting money?
- Answer Te, you likely would be wasting money. I would look into what you yourself actually say you want: a straight Bluetooth speaker.
- Answer No, it's not recommended to used this in a garage with freezing temperature or 90+ degrees in the summer