Questions & Answers
- Answer oldman was almost correct... the Verizon plan, if you pay 24 payments, comes out to just under $460.
QuestionCan this be used on WiFi only?
- Answer You can use this on LTE or Wi-Fi. It will always be on with LTE until you log on to a Wi-Fi network so make sure you always try to find Wi-Fi when possible to avoid using your data from your LTE data plan. Unless you have an unlimited plan, then go nuts!
QuestionWhat is the minimum Verizon contract monthly price with this deal? Can I opt out of activating? - I really only need the GPS feature.
- Answer It us the $20 2GB a month service for one device. But it really costs about $33. They add a line fee and taxes, which should just be included in the stated price.
QuestionHas anyone Received this yet? For orders taken on March 30, there is no an extra two week delay in delivery past the original shipping date. Be cautious before placing an order with Best Buy as delays are longer than stated.
- Answer You are allowed to cancel your order anytime at Best Buy or even return it unopened the moment you get it. So if you find it elsewhere sooner...no problem.
- Answer You definitely can print from an iPad, although not quite like a computer. iPads can print view Wifi to a Wifi-enabled printer. I've found the print options to be less than with a PC (don't know about Apple iOS computers), but they can definitely still print.
QuestionWe already have a Verizon account. Can we use the same cell number, and sign a new 2 year contract and keep our existing payment? We’ve been customers for years, so currently don’t have a contract.
- Answer Absolutely! That was exactly our situation. Same number and same price for same Verizon service. Just another 2 year contract. I recall a small BB setup fee. Also for just $15 BB will install your screen protector. No bubbles – great deal!
- Answer You pay full price listed with no discount plus taxes. Then need to purchase cellular service or connect to other free sources like offered at McDonald's.
QuestionSo if I pay the full price up front, does that mean I do not have to pay monthly data charges then?
- Answer Yes. You do not have to get cellular service. It can connect to the wireless service you already have in your home or places like McDonalds where they offer free WiFi. But for it to work anywhere like in your car...you have to pay for cellular service from someone.
- Answer You have to go to the store. At least that is how we got ours. They will usually have them in stock at best buy. But be sure to check the paperwork if signing up for cellular service...I wanted a cheaper plan and was signed to most costly one. It can be a headache.
- Answer With Verizon they charge $10 per month to add an iPad and whatever your monthly device payment is for 24 months
QuestionTotally new to Apple. Will my Android software (Webroot, Microsoft Windows, Word) transfer or do I need to buy new software? Or, is there a good Word Document app included? PDF reader like Adobe?
- Answer All new software. The Apple operating system is iOS. The Android operating system is ... well, Android (it's a Google thing). In general, they don't like each other, they don't talk to each other, and they even have separate app stores. The good news is that Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel, etc.) and PDF files stored in your cloud account can usually be downloaded and opened by the corresponding app in either operating system. So ... barring any fancy features not supported on the new operating system's version of the software (i.e., the app) ... you should be able to download the corresponding app to the new Apple (from the iTunes store) and then pull your old files down from your cloud account. The store's tech support people can walk you through this PDQ (though they want a small fee). ALSO, if you want to print to your printer without a huge amount of hassle, make sure it has something called Airprint. Your new iPad / iPhone / iWhatever uses Airprint to talk directly to the printer with a minimum of hassles. If you are thinking of replacing your printer, make sure it has Airprint. I see you mentioned WebRoot. Please call them before downloading anything. Some of their products are iOS-compatible. Some are NOT! Take note that "MAC" compatibility is NOT "iOS" compatibility (because Apple maintains these two operating systems as two completely different products with very little interconnectivity).
- Answer Yes you can use Google, chrome and any other none IOS.