Questions & Answers
QuestionHow often do you have to change the print cartridges? How many 4x6 photos can you print before replacing them?
- Answer I buy the photo kit of 108 photos. The ink lasts at least that long. I've always run out of paper before ink. I tested it and used a new pack of paper after the 108 prints; it printed a few more before running out. Seems like they make sure to provide a little bit more ink than paper.
QuestionCan you print from cell phone
- Answer Yes, you can print from your cell phone. You have to download the Canon Application from either the App Store (Apple) or Play Store (Andriod). There is also an option with many phones that allows you to print right from your gallery using the print function if you are connecting via (Direct-Connection) with the Printer. Hope this helps.
QuestionThe battery is missing! Where is it? It was not in the box. This was one of the reasons I selected this portable compact printer!
- Answer It didn't come with one, a purchase separate item
- Answer When looking between the hp and Cannon he even the hp rep recommended the quality of the Cannon over the sprocket. He said photos are clearer and will last longer as well
- Answer yes you can
QuestionDoes this ONLY print pictures from your gallery? Would it print an email or recipe or something if you wanted? Or only pictures?
- Answer It is a photo printer and uses photo paper, the largest size it prints is 4 inches by 6 inches. An email or recipe would be more cost efficient to print on a regular ink jet printer. You could in theory send and email or recipe to the printer, you can select this printer when your printer dialog box is up. But again, I’m not sure why you’d waste photo paper to have a 4x6 inch print out of things that should be printed on regular paper. Purchase this if you want prints of your photos that you can print at home. Otherwise I’d recommend purchasing an ink jet printer that can print up to 8.5 x 11 inch (standard letter size paper)
- Answer You can print any collage that fits onto the 4x6 paper. I use a program call PicCollage to make my collages and then send to print on the Selphy. Works great!
QuestionDoes this come with a full set of the 108 paper postcards and ink or just a trial set? if the latter, how many prints do you get out of it? Thanks!
- Answer No it does not come with a full set of 108 paper/ink. Mine came with about 10 pages/ink.
QuestionDoes this printer do automatic (or manual) duplex (double sided) printing? *can't imagine why no one has asked this basic question yet*
- Answer No. This is not a inkjet or laser printer. It is a 4 pass CYMK photo printer. So you get photos like you used to get when you took film to the drugstore to get photos developed.
QuestionHello, I'm clueless when it comes to printers and ink and the whole thing. So im hoping you can help me out. If I buy the printer, what ink cartridge does it need? Does it need an ink cartridge and paper, or is the ink on the paper?
- Answer The Canon Selphy 1300CP uses the specific thermal dye-sublimation ink along with the custom thermal paper that is made for this printer. This is not an ink-jet or laser printer. The thermal dye-sublimation ink made for this printer is a dry ink on a tape inside the cartridge. The print process transfers the ink to the paper using a thermal process that instanly heats the ink directly to a gas stage and transfers directly to the special paper as a gas, which then "dries" or sets instantly. Once finished printing, the ink on the photo paper comes out "dry" because the process does not involve any wet ink process. The ink is not on the paper, the ink is on the cartrdige. However, you must use the special paper made for this printer in order for the print process to work correctly. This printer does not work with "regular" paper or cardstock.
QuestionIs it possible to write a text line under the picture and make a border or some other art? I am not finding this option on the app.
- Answer The only way I have been able to do this is to take the photo into a paint program such as Photoshop or PaintShop (Corel) and do the editing to the photo prior to printing.
Questionis the battery really necessary? whats the benefits if I purchase it? or whats the difference?
- Answer Well the obvious difference is if you have the battery you can be mobile with it. Print from anywhere that doesnt have power. If your just going to print from your house then the battery is not really necessary.
QuestionDo you have to use photo paper or is it okay to use 4x6 postcard or 4x6 cardstock that has been cut to size? Thank you.
- Answer You have to use the Canon paper made specifically for this printer. That paper has tabs on it to grab the print as it is going through the printer.
- Answer It takes about 45 seconds for each photo to print it goes through a cyan pass a magenta pass a yellow pass and a clear coat pass. But the prints are made with dyesublimation technology which means the prints are instantly dry unlike an inkjet photo printer where you need to wait a little bit for your prints to dry before you handle them
- Answer The card reader that’s built in is only for the Sd cards regular size not the micro. But the unit does have a USB port on the side to print from thumb drives. Try getting a usb compact flash card reader. Also this printer does not like to print raw files so you’re going to need to convert them to jpeg. The printer also doesn’t like tiff files this unit seems to work only with jpeg.
- Answer Yes, you can print photos in black and white.
- Answer The ink cartridge that comes with the printer only prints 4 photos as its a trial pack. I also bought the RP-108 Ink/Paper pack to go with it which comes with 2 ink cartridges and 108 photo sheets. Each ink cartridge prints 54 photos.