Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,139.99
The regular price is $1,199.99
QuestionHow is the ram in this?? Is it one 16gb with one open slot or does dell put two 8gb with no open slot for future? Also, two online reviews stated even though dell doesn't advertise a finger print reader, the units they received had one.
- Answer The new 7577 all have a finger print reader built in to the power button in the US. As for the RAM, mine shipped with a single 16gb stick of DDR4. However, I can't say that they all ship this way.
QuestionHow long would you say this laptop runs without a charge while running a task or two e.g. running unity and Microsoft visual studio?
- Answer I don't own this laptop personally, but I have read and watched many reviews and all of them say you can expect a maximum of 4-5 hours of light use (i.e. web browsing, Netflix, etc.) on a full charge.
QuestionIs this laptop good to work in AutoCad/Revit programs? Is it good for 3D calculation engineering programs?
- Answer I use this laptop mainly for solidworks, and have been working with 30-60 part assembly's smoothly, no real memory issues or CPU throttling, there are some thing I have noticed it has issues with but these issue are also present in a dell latitude e7450 which makes me think it is a bad model. I have not used it with revvit or any other softwares but keep in mind the card is not a Quadro or FirePro so some programs may not support the GTX card.
- Answer Yes
QuestionI just received my Dell Inspiron 15 7577 today from Best Buy. I'm wondering if I received a refurbished unit sold as new. The factory seal tape looks generic with a few lines no text on tape Looks different than the other Dell seal tape typically used.
- Answer I'll answer my own question. After going to another large PC retailer in the area, many newer Dell products had the same security seal (some still had the old style). The old seal had thick diagonal lines and text regarding to check contents before signing receipt if seal was broken or package was damaged. The newer seal has some thin diagonal lines in the center of the seal and no text. I'm going to say it's most likely a new tape seal Dell is using for third party retail products.
- Answer The laptop display is FHD (1920 x 1080).
- Answer Yes, the backlighting can be turned off.