Questions & Answers
QuestionI had one of these machines, but it emitted a sweet yeast smell. I tried different machines, different filters, different rooms, but it never went away unless I removed the filter completely. Any ideas of what it’s from? I would love the machine to work
- Answer I have the same problem but have not been able to find any information on this. I even bought a new filter and the problem returned with the new filter in less than two months. This is not an odor that is normally present in my environment that it absorbed. I think humidity is part of the problem and that it might have something to do with the filter material itself, but I'm surprised I'm not finding more people commenting about this issue
QuestionSo will my room feel more cooler with this unit or will be the same as if i put a regular fan? I underatand that will clean my air, but will circulate the same hot air around the room?
- Answer No, this unit is just a fan. It will simply blow the existing air around. They seriously need to drop the word "cool" from the name. Sure, it looks 'cool', but that is about it.
QuestionHow is the pure hot + Cool fan heater purifier powered? I see no power cord nor specs on wattage.
- Answer Hi Bill, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link Air Purifier. The Purifier is corded at 110-120 voltage. 1575 (Max Heat setting) 44 (Max fan setting)watts. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service.
QuestionWhat is the difference between HP01 and HP02 models.? How can I find out which one an ad is referring to as they often don't say.?
- Answer The difference is the Link/WiFi feature. The Link feature is the ability to use the app from your phone to monitor the machine and also a remote control that can be accessed from anywhere. The original HP01 did not have the Link/WiFi feature and only the included remote control could be used. Hope this helps! The product you are looking at on the Best Buy page is the HP02. Wifi/Link Enabled Hot/Cool Air Purifier.
QuestionHi. Which one is better. Tall one or small one? I have family member who has Astma and allergy.
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link purifiers. Both models are designed to clean the same size area. The bigger the room, the longer the machine will take to purify it as there is more air in the room. In a room of 139ft², the purifier fan will purify the room in 27 minutes. In a smaller room, it will take less time to purify the air; in a bigger room, it will take longer to purify the air. The Hot + Cool does have the added feature of being able to use it as a heater as well as a fan for cool air, providing you with year-round use. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
QuestionDoes the filters also absorb gases such as carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, I know that active carbon found in gas mask cartridges does.
- Answer Hi Al, this is Kelly with Dyson. Fantastic question regarding the filtration on the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link. The short answer is yes; the sealed glass HEPA filter will absorb household gasses, such as carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. The second generation filter that these units have, have three times more graphite than 1st Generation filters. They also have Tris-coated graphite crystals to capture more household odors and gases, such as formaldehyde. I hope this helps! Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionIn heating mode, will the fan stop when it reached setting temperature , then wake up and work when the temperature dropped below the setting temperature? I just find my dyson hp01 blow cold air once the room temperature reached setting temperature.
- Answer I own 2 of the Dyson Cool + Hot. And I always have them set to spread the air and rotate. My blue one, which I’ve had for 11 months, used to just turn off once it reached the set temperature. But now it will stop rotating and blow cool air, then start back up and rotate when it chills again. It just recently started doing this. My white one, which I’ve had for a month will turn off entirely once it’s reached the set temperature.
QuestionIs it ok to move this from room to room? For example moving it to the living room during the day and moving it to the bedroom at night.
- Answer That is what we do. No problem. Even has a magnetic top to hold the remote.
QuestionIt’s cold out. Why is it that I set my Dyson to 71° and when I get home the thing is shut off? I’ve tried every setting I can find and it always shuts off before I get home from work or wake up in middle of the night freezing. HELP PLEASE..
- Answer Try increasing the temperature of your Dyson to 75º. Your fan takes the temperature immediately around it, so the fan may think it's 71º but if you are across the room the temperature might be 65º but the fan won't register that temp - also make sure your fan isn't next to something hot. Just try to increase the temp and it should be good to go. *make sure your not using the timer function or the "AUTO" function* Also- you shouldn't keep any heater on all the time, it's a huge fire risk and you're electric bill will be ridiculous (portable heaters by nature are terribly inefficient). There is a possibility that since you're just leaving it on all day it's overheated since it's been blowing hot air all day trying to get your room to 71º and as a fail safe mechanism the heater shuts off.
QuestionHi, Does fan mode purify the air at the same time when set manually? Or does it only purify air in auto mode?
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. The Dyson Pure Hot + Cool is always purifying the air whether it is in fan mode, heater mode or in auto mode. While in auto mode, it will continuously monitor the air quality and turn on when it detects the air quality has fallen below the target level set. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link Air Purifier. Dyson machines are built for the country in which they are purchased in and are not multi-voltage. Using a power converter is also not recommended. When purchasing a machine from the US, it will have US voltage of 110-120 volts. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer Hi there! Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link. While the purifier will work in a room with the windows open, it may take longer to clean the air and may not provide an accurate reading of the air quality in the room. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer HI there! Thank you for your interest in the Pure Hot + Cool Link. The purifier fan will clean the air in any size room. The bigger the room, the longer the machine will take to purify it as there is more air in the room. In a room of 139ft², the purifier fan will purify the room in 27 minutes. In a smaller room, it will take less time to purify the air; in a bigger room, it will take longer to purify the air. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer Hi Linda, this is Krystal with Dyson. The Dyson air purifier is designed to not only clean the air but also eliminate odors. If after a few uses the smell is still present, please contact us at askdysonUS@dyson.com with your serial number, description of issue or concern and your contact information and we will be happy to help. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
QuestionWhy does this expensive fan not come with an inexpensive ionizer? I'd rather lose the $100 Hepafilter and gain the ionizer for health and clean air too! Good luck on $100 Hepafilters.
- Answer Bottom line: HEPA filters only use mechanical filtration. Ionic purifier can generate unwanted air pollutants such as ozone. Dyson chose the best method to filter air - pay $100 for a HEPA filter every 6 months to a year (dependent on use and surrounding air quality) to protect my toddler? Not a problem for me, but this Dyson sure is expensive like all their products, but let's be honest... they work GREAT!
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool. This purifier comes with the 1st generation filter. The 2nd generation filter is a Dyson exclusive.A 2nd generation filter can be used with this model. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service.
QuestionI see hat the older model is called a fan and heat, does this new version actually cool the air?
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. Our Purifiers & fans do not have Freon, so they are not an air conditioner, but it does work better than standard fans. Dyson fans use Air Multiplier technology to create a powerful stream of uninterrupted airflow. Air is accelerated through an annular aperture, creating a high-velocity jet of air. This passes over an air foil-shaped ramp, channeling its direction and creating areas of low pressure behind and around the fan. The change in pressure forces surrounding air to be drawn into the airflow, resulting in a powerful stream of smooth cooling air. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer HP01 does not have wifi capability so no app on your phone HP02 has the wifi HP03 I think has a meter on front display to show air quality