Questions & Answers
QuestionShould cordless vac constantly be plugged into wall charger or be left to fully run down before next charge?
- Answer I have a Dyson V7. Is it OK that I leave the port plugged in at all times and the vacuum cleaner will shut off and the battery will be OK if it’s plugged in at all times??
- Answer I missed this deal online before it sold out and went to my local store. They didn't have it in stock, but they were able to order it for me and they matched the $199.99 price.
- Answer It definitely does NOT stand on its' own. The power head is easily removed from the floor head/extension tube. Makes charging easier in my view.
QuestionI don't understand how this thing charges. Do I have to have a plug in the closet? Do you plug it into the wall and then when charged, put it in the closet?
- Answer There is a separate charger that plugs into most any 110V wall outlet. And the charger has a fairly long cord with a plug that plugs into a receptacle on the vac. Charging time is 3.5 hours. Yes it would be wise to fully charge after use and then put it away.
QuestionBatteryIs the battery removable, if so can you buy an additional battery to use between charges? 20 mins of cleaning time seems short and Id like to have an extra one so I can switch them out if I have to clean longer.
- Answer Hi It's Vince with Dyson. The Dyson V6 is designed with a removable battery that you can swap to extend this unit's run time. Feel free to reach out to us via email for additional product assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best wishes, Vince P.
QuestionIs the battery covered in the 2 year warranty ? Can a battery be purchased separately if ever needed ?
- Answer Hi there, This is Dan with Dyson. The battery for the V6 is indeed covered under the 2 year warranty. If the need for a replacement arises, they can be purchased with a Dyson agent over our helpline. Best wishes, Dan
- Answer Yes! I have a Lab puppy that sheds so much. I would recommend this to pet owners.
QuestionI want to keep it hung up in my closet. Is that possible since there isn't an outlet in there? Is the charger detachable to plug in elsewhere? I'm a little confused how this works. It says it has to be charged when not being used.
- Answer Hi Bianca, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson V6 cordless. You can hang the vacuum in your closet with the docking station and charge the machine elsewhere when needed. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
QuestionWHAT ATTACHMENTS COME WITH THE DYSON V6 ORIGIN CORDLESS STICK VACUUM?WHAT ATTACHMENTS COME WITH THE DYSON V6 ORIGIN CORDLESS STICK VACUUM?
- Answer Hi It's Vince with Dyson. The V6 Origin is packaged with a extension wand, power floor tool, crevice brush and stair tool. We will be happy to provide additional assistance on the functionality of the V6 via email at email@example.com. Best wishes, Vince P.
QuestionMy vacuum will not keep a charge. Does it lose its charge when you unplug it from the outlet?
- Answer Yes the charger needs to be plugged in when not using.
QuestionWhat is the noise level of this vacuum?I am curious about the noise level of this vacuum. Some vacuums are so noisy it drives my wife crazy!
- Answer The noise is about what you expect. Not as loud as my full size vacuum but loud enough where you cant use it early in the morning. If it says it is powerful expect the noise to come with it or it most likely sucks or doesn't suck very well!
Questioni have purchased V6 animal at 299 with discount yesterday. today, i have found this deal at 199. the price difference is $100 after discount but original price is only $50. what is the difference between 2 models? which one is a better deal for the buck?
- Answer The one for $200 has all the needed heads (attachments), 6 heads, 2 of them are motorized, the one for carpets and the one for hard floor. Money wise the one for $200 will do the job and more and much more economic. I noticed from the comments that the one with 6 attachments for $200 is when you get it online and shipped to home, not a store pickup, people who got it online and picked it up from store got only the the basic attachments, not all of the 6. I got it online shipped to home and got all the 6 attachments. attachments came with it are more than enough and even the original price should be more expensive, because you will get 2 motorized heads and 4 different non motorized heads
QuestionHi I just got dyson vacuum. One of picture is gonna be all I got and the other picture is gonna be that what I wanted but I can't find. could you tell me which head is gonna be (for sofa, car seat, etc) with my pictures?
- Answer The one that you want doesn't come with the V6 but the V6 Absolute (red).
QuestionThe specifications state it has a brush roll shut off. How do you shut it off? Do other Dyson stick vacuums have this feature? I need it for shag rug.
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. The Dyson V6 cordless does not have a feature to disable the brush bar. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hi Susan, this is Krystal with Dyson. The pulsating on and off that you are experiencing is a feature built into the machine to alert you when an obstruction is present. Therefore, it is a matter of finding and removing the obstruction. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
QuestionIs this model good for cleaning under low surfaces? I'm looking into investing in a cordless vac but would like the ability to clean deep under the couch.
- Answer Absolutely! That's one reason why I love it
QuestionWhat is the specification of the charger? Can I use it in other countries where the voltage is 220?
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson V6 Cordless. The charger is 110-220v. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service