QuestionDoes this game work on Xbox One?
- Answer Thank you for your question. No, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not compatible with Xbox One. The good news is that there are plans for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers to play the game on Xbox One via Cloud Gaming beginning early 2022. For more information, go here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/17/xbox-cloud-gaming-launches-on-console/
QuestionI have many control items (joy sticks, control console-[yoke throttle-pedals, etc.], which were purchased for PC many years ago. Will these work on my series X console? Is there an adapter to convert PC accessories to function on series X?
- Answer Thank you for your question! Most PC flight controllers designed for PC are not compatible with Xbox Series X/S. To see which peripherals for Microsoft Flight Simulator are compatible with Xbox Series X, please go here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015912899-Peripherals-compatibility
- Answer Thank you for checking! This version of Microsoft Flight Simulator is sold on physical game disc for Xbox Series X, however digital editions are also available for play on Xbox Series S and Windows 10/11 PC.
- Answer Thank you for checking! This edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator is sold on physical game disc exclusively for Xbox Series X. To play Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10/11 PC, we recommend getting the digital edition instead.
- Answer Thank you for your question! Since this is the physical disc edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator, it is not compatible with Xbox Series S. The good news is that the digital version of the game is fully compatible with Xbox Series S!
QuestionWhen will the physical edition get the new box art that's pictured? The only copies I see in stores uses the old Xbox One style box art.
- Answer Unfortunately, I think they jumped the gun on this. I too was looking forward to the updated box art but all that's available now is the standard Xbox One style. It's the same for other countries as well, so think that the updated box art is just not in production yet. Besides the Xbox Exclusives, other upcoming 3rd party games for are still displaying the older design as well.
QuestionWill there be a physical version of the Xbox Series X for Deluxe and Premium Deluxe versions of the simulator? Or will there be additional packs that can be downloaded as an upgrade or dlc once downloaded, would it be the same price as buying the digital?
- Answer Thanks for asking! The Deluxe and Premium Editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator are available as digital purchases only. Upgrade bundles may be purchased from the in-game marketplace.
- Answer Microsoft Flight Simulator is not currently supported on Xbox Cloud Gaming, and we have no information to share if it will be in the future.
QuestionWhat are the limitations of playing in offline mode vs online? Obviously there would be no weather updates, but what else?
- Answer Thanks for asking! In offline mode, Microsoft Flight Simulator will not have real-time, real-world information and data and will display lower-quality art assets. In addition, the in-game marketplace will not be available.
- Answer Thank you for your question. No, Microsoft Flight Simulator will only be compatible with Xbox Series X/S consoles, and is not compatible with Xbox One consoles.
- Answer Thanks for asking! Yes, Microsoft Flight Simulator supports online multiplayer.
Question2 questions:1 if I have a 120hrz tv will I get above 30 FPS or is it cap at 30? And does this work with the thrust master 1600 stick?
- Answer Thanks for your questions! The base framerate for Microsoft Flight Simulator is 30fps, however framerates may exceed that on TVs that support VRR (Variable Refresh Rate). Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox fully supports Xbox gamepad, keyboard and mouse, Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder, and HORI HOTAS Flight Stick for Xbox One. New Xbox-compatible peripherals will be announced soon.
- Answer Thrustmaster T.Flight Hoyas One is the joystick we got and it’s great. Yes, you can use a controller, but it looks like it would raise the level of difficulty.
QuestionIf I buy this physical Xbox release, will I be able to also play it on my Windows PC? Ie- will I be able to play it on both Xbox and PC, as one can if buying from the Xbox digital store?
- Answer Thanks for asking! This version of Microsoft Flight Simulator is only playable on Xbox Series X.
QuestionThere is a physical version of this game, but the recommended storage space is 93GB. Will it be packaged with multiple discs, or will there be required content download to play? In other words, can this game be played and installed offline?
- Answer Microsoft Flight Simulator has an offline mode. To turn this mode on, you will need to launch the simulator with an internet connection first. From there, you can activate this mode and play offline in the future. The game may require updates during the installation process.
- Answer Microsoft Flight Simulator fully supports Xbox controllers, keyboard and mouse, Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder, and HORI HOTAS Flight Stick for Xbox One. New Xbox-compatible peripherals will be announced soon.
QuestionIs it the same price to buy the Standard edition and upgrade to other editions afterward online, or is it cheaper to buy the other editions from the start?
- Answer I’m waiting for the answer too. How much the upgrade cost?
- Answer Unfortunately, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not compatible with Xbox One.