Questions & Answers
QuestionWhat is the text messaging capabilities? Is it like a small keyboard or just quick responses only. Any reviews on charging it? Biggest problem I have is the contacts don't work and constantly cleaning them.
- Answer It is simple answers you can scroll through to answer, but you can create your own and add them if you want. I haven't had any issues charging mine yet. When I go to charge it I usually wipe the contacts off on my shirt then plug it in and haven't had ANY issues on my old 5 or my new 6.
- Answer I have gone scuba diving with mine on to about 250 feet and have had no issues at all. I shower with it on and everything.
QuestionDoes the H/R functions work w/BOTH the infrared (built in) & chest strap options? I like the ability to track my heart rate (all day/sleep) via infrared while tracking workouts via the MUCH more accurate data from a chest strap. Pls confirm BOTH work.
- Answer Wrist based HR constantly and you can add a strap as well. Both work really well.
QuestionCan I get this watch with a black band instead of the chestnut leather band? Or would I have to purchase another band separately?
- Answer My watch came in with a black band. I ordered a green band from Amazon and the watch looks great.
- Answer Yes it does, fēnix® 6X - Pro and Sapphire Editions Sapphire - Carbon Gray DLC with Black Band. For more information contact us at email@example.com or visit our Support Center, https://support.garmin.com/en-US/ Thanks Jenny
QuestionIs this the same model as the fenix 6X - pro with sapphire? What is the difference between 6X and 6X pro?
- Answer There are three versions. The S series which is the smallest. The Pro series which is intermediate in size, and the the X series. So every X is also a Pro. You will see the difference if you go to Garmins website and go to the link for the Fenix 6 series. When you select the different sizes the model names change. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/641435/pn/010-02157-10. It can be a little confusing but you just need to decide what size you want and then the features.