Questions & Answers
- Answer I would say it depends if you are more tied into Google or the Amazon eco-system. My wife and I have had Google phones forever, as well as a couple of Chromecast devices, and Nexus tablets, also made by Google. It only made sense that we wanted to stay with Google products for an online assistant and speaker system. We just got our Home Mini's the other day, and are still trying them out. NOTE.. The Home Mini is free if you buy a new Google Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL (which we did). As for the Amazon assistant, I don't own an Amazon Echo or Dot. However, I imagine they both can/will perform similar functions. Hope this helps and Happy Holidays!
QuestionWould this be a good replacement for a television soundbar? I know that there isn't a port for an optical cable so I don't even know if it would be an option.
- Answer No. Soundbars decode Dolby ProLogic signals to create a surround sound experience using dipole speakers. The Google Home Max can only output stereo. It would certainly work. But it will not replace the soundbar.
QuestionI'd like to connect my TV through the headphone-jack-size input option, does anyone use this option and does it work well? Can I activate the Google Home Max by voice and tell it to play whats coming in through that source? Thanks so much
- Answer I currently use a chromecast in my tv And then I have a RCA to aux cord That I have plugged into the tv and g home max And then it’s basically a soundbar when you’re playing the tv And you can still use the google home max like normal and talk to it and play music And even request it to play stuff and change the chromecast Hope that helps and answers what you’re looking for This works well
- Answer Yes, the AC input power of this model is 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz.
QuestionI want to listen to Google Home Max from my Samsung smartphone via Bluetooth. Do I need to download any apps to my phone in order to connect to Bluetooth?
- Answer Yes, make sure you install the Google Home app first. You can enable bluetooth pairing in the settings menu.
- Answer Yes, it does! With Google Home Max, you can use your voice to listen to terrestrial or internet/satellite radio stations. After saying "Ok Google" or "Hey Google", you can say ¨Play 105.3 on iHeartRadio¨. For more information, you can visit via the Google Nest Help page here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071793
QuestionAre any accessories available for this that would allow me to wall mount or ceiling mount it? (I live in an A-Frame)
- Answer No. Google Home Max was designed to be placed on your desktop or floor, and doesn't come with any wall mount accessory.
- Answer Yes. You can pair your Sonos Sound bar with Google Home Max using Bluetooth. All media playback will play on the external speaker that’s paired with the Google Home Max. Alarms, timers, and Google Assistant responses will play on your Google Home Max. If your Sonos Sound bar has Google Assistant, you can link it to your Google Home Max and use them for other features like audio group. You can have a look at our support page for more details on how to pair Google Home Max with your Bluetooth-enabled speakers.
QuestionMy ex boyfriend bought this mini speaker for my b day gift n now we had a break up and I moved out now I have no access of using this speaker u have any suggestions wouldy phone internet make my home mini speaker work
- Answer We recommend a broadband Wi-Fi network for setup and reliable performance.
QuestionI bought the bose 300 but you can’t listen to YouTube on it. Problem is you tube plays on all google assistants and hub . The bose sounds great but annoying as the kids use YouTube a lot . Giggle max can you listen to YouTube ?
- Answer Yes. Google Max works with Google Assistant and Google Home so just about any streaming services will work on it. I use YouTube & YouTube Music all of the time.
- Answer You can change the preferred language from the assistant settings