Questions & Answers
- Answer The Clip 3 is a standalone device. it cannot connect to a JBL Clip 2 or another Clip 3.
QuestionCan you make and receive phone calls (via bluetooth)? Is there a slot for a micro sd card? Is there a micro usb cord and/or a 3.5 aux? Finally, does it come with a case? Thanks.
- Answer You can use this as a bluetooth speaker phone. There is a phone icon button on the side that allows you to connect in this mode. Use your phone to dial and you should be able to hear it thru the JBL speaker.
QuestionDoes it have an auxiliary plug??
- Answer The clip3 does have a aux plug I like that better than the clip2 that has the cable permanently attached to it and once you use it the cable won't clip back in the holder tight enough to stay in place so I had to tape it. The clip3 just has a port to plug in to way better idea
- Answer No. I use it for walks (3 miles or longer). I clip it to my jacket many times. If you use a hoodie, you can also clip it to the strings (with a knot). Not a problem at all.
- Answer JBL Clip 3 has a rugged grille design that you can use for outdoor purposes. It also has an IPX7 waterproof rating meaning it's splashproof and can withstand being submerged in water for a depth of one meter for 20 minutes.
- Answer I've had mine for a couple of years and use it in the shower and when I'm out gardening (dirt and water) It's a workhorse. Love it.
QuestionWhat does the speaker sound like when you first turn it on and during the pairing process? One thing I don’t like about most Bluetooth speakers is that they play a very loud start up chime or a loud voice during the pairing process.
- Answer Our JBL Clip 3 plays a startup sound when turned on, and will also play a sound when a device is successfully paired. Unfortunately these sounds cannot be disabled.
- Answer Yes. You can use JBL Clip 3 while plugged in and playing music. There is NO harm in leaving your Harman portable product connected to electricity at all times. You can simply pick it up, unplug it from the charger and be on your way, knowing that you have a full charge. However, if you’d like to conserve electrical energy, disconnect from charging. The battery will not overcharge.
QuestionI have a deer call app on my phone that does deer calls but its not loud enough , if I get this speaker can I get more volume and would the sound still be clear ?
- Answer Yes, I believe it would, unless your talking about a very long distance through the woods.
QuestionThe sound is really great! Super loud when I want it to be. Double tapping the play button skips a song but how to rewind a song or go back??? Any ideas?
- Answer I don't think you can on the speaker its self I think you have to use whatever device is connected to it.
- Answer Yes, our JBL Clip 3 has a 3.5mm auxiliary input that can be used to connect to non-Bluetooth devices. For more information, check out the specifications here: http://bit.ly/372J5V8
Question5 years ago, a worker at Best Buy suggested I buy a JBL Micro Wireless portable speaker with a port to attach an audio cable from my TV, for sound. Set it near my left ear on my recliner, and it's great. But I need a new one, so can one be suggested? TY
- Answer If you're planning to have a speaker connected to your television we would recommend a Soundbar instead. Our portable speakers are only reliable for music streaming and using them while watching videos may cause latency since they take in connection via Bluetooth. Check it out this link to check for our available home speakers and soundbars: https://www.jbl.com/soundbars/
- Answer So it’s a loud small speaker but it may not be as loud as you may want it to be for an outdoor event. You may want to invest in a slightly larger one if you’re having a big event. If it’s just small tight knit family then it would be fine. I hope this helps.
QuestionIs this speaker waterproof?
- Answer The manufacturer says it can be immersed in water. However, I don't think I would try it out. We have had it on our boat when it starts to sprinkle rain and it has been just fine. We also rinse fresh water over it after being around salt water.