This is a USB controller. All you need to do is plug into the USB plug on the front of the system.
Now, to set it up, there are a few things to remember:
1) You should set this up on a VERY stable surface. Due to the power of the wheel, a light and/or simple stand can be turned over by the force feeback of the wheel.
2) Set the pedals in an unmovable space. When you get excited and start punching the gas and brakes, you will send the pedals across the floor. Not fun when you are trying to brake and you can't reach the pedals.....
3) Turn the PS4 or PS3 completely off before plugging the wheel in for the first time.
4) Be sure to plug the pedals into the wheel unit.
5) Plug the USB cable into the USB plug on the front of the PS3 or PS4 unit that you are using.
5)Make sure that the PS3/PS4 switch is set for the correct system
6) Boot it all up and enjoy an awesome wheel!